GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same day ( May 20th) 6 years ago, the city of Moore, OK was devastated by an EF5 tornado that left 25 people dead.

Crazy how weather patterns repeat.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Jeez, I've been wanting to move out of Fl and maybe out west ( fond memories of San Antonio many years ago ) for the last 15 years to avoid hurricane season stress, not to mention seasonal bugs, heat, mowing 5 acres every 10 days, tourists, friends from other lands, etc etc ,

No place perfect I guess...

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm in Mississippi and know all to well about Tornadoes and bad weather. This season has been very active with several coming close by my house. Very stressful this time of year and late fall. They seem to be getting more active and more in numbers. Had 31 confirmed tornadoes in like a weeks time here back in April.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Don't forget 05-16-2010.

https://www.weather.gov/oun/events-20100516

I was on a fly n buy riding home from KC through OKC and arrived about 10 minutes after you guys got pounded with softball size hail. I was quite happy to have missed that one.

I always say that in OK and TX, April flowers bring May showers.

That wasn't a good day for many, but was a good day for me. Flew out that morning and was home in time for dinner with my second FZ1, the bike that I would miss that would lead me to GSX-S ownership.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Jeez, I've been wanting to move out of Fl and maybe out west ( fond memories of San Antonio many years ago ) for the last 15 years to avoid hurricane season stress, not to mention seasonal bugs, heat, mowing 5 acres every 10 days, tourists, friends from other lands, etc etc ,

No place perfect I guess...
Come on out. Been 21 years since I moved away from Florida. Stay away from Houston and you can laugh when the Texans complain about humidity. The weather is different. It's still like an angry woman, except in Florida she's angry at everyone and in Texas she's got like one person she's pissed at and you worry if it's you this time. :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This tornado (EF4) passed within a half mile of my house, 10 years ago this past February. 8 people died that night. Thankfully we had a shelter to be in.

I don't why it is, but it seems that if there's a trailer park around, the tornado will find it. Sad.

It happened at night, so there's not a lot of footage of it, but here's a short news video on it:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts