GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys this one probably a touchy subject or i will get burned Lol...as i love the stealthiness of all things with an engine i.e the colour black....what are peoples feeling about tints more specifically tinting the headlight, i don't ride at night time as my bike is purely for pleasure, though obviously cars notice headlights on bikes which helps to be seen so some dickhead doesn't pull out on me, i quite fancy tinting the headlight on my phantom to give it a more stealthy look, i could uprate the bulb in the headlight before tinting it i suppose to boost the brightness..and the only time people will see its tinted is when it is parked up.....opinions please folks?....
Screenshot_20200430-103045_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some things are just plain outright stupid.
This would rank as one of those things.

Aesthetically it may look good. In this case you want FUNCTION not Form.

Pass on this idea and find another way to make your ride unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some things are just plain outright stupid.
This would rank as one of those things.

Aesthetically it may look good. In this case you want FUNCTION not Form.

Pass on this idea and find another way to make your ride unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Like i said in my.post i would get slaughtered Lol.....aesthetically yes.....but too many down sides to the idea

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you're asking because you have doubts then you already know the answer ;)

I have previously put dark tinted headlight protectors on my old fireblade, liked the looks but eventually replaced them with clear ones when I lost one on track by getting too close to a cone. Same as @Simon3868 they were held on by some strong velcro pads so could be removed if needed.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
why is it narcissistic?.......
Bear in mind my post was tongue in cheek, hence the smileys.
A narcissist is one who obsesses over their appearance and/or maybe their possessions.
It's just a joke.(y)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Ignore this, I can't see how to delete a post.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I did it on one of my old bikes. It looked great, and like you 1) I Don't ride much at night, and 2) I put a NightRacer 110% bulb in it. With the OSRAM Night Racer bulb, it was still brighter at night than stock, and looked much cooler too. (y)

·
Registered
191 Posts
You need to do a proper retrofit, solves both problems. Gets ride of the chrome inside the headlight and increases your light output and quality to incredible levels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts