GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife said today that if i put a grab rail on she will come on the back for the odd spin, but will it spoil the look and how easy is it to take off?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sharnt

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am picking up a project bike that i will fix up for the wife to use. She hates the GSX S and now refuses to go on the back no matter what.

·
Registered
974 Posts
You can get a Ventura rack and a grab rail, then you can have the option of just the rail or the full rack in 2 minutes , use the grab rail for quick rides and looks as it's hardly noticeable and then you can use the full rack for lugage
I am going the second bike option also and when I get it I plan to take the rear pegs of and seat bowl for a solo bike look

·
Registered
147 Posts
Personally I'm glad my wife has not raised the issue. Just cannot ride the same with pillion. Knee down would be a bit of an issue. We never ride with partners/passengers in my riding group. Just would not be same with them. It's our "Man" time, AWWOOOO .....

·
Registered
219 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Oh, I love my wife so much. I would be lost without her love, her touch, her gentleness. I often think about her and daydream while at the football game....looking at the evening sky above the stadium. Then my thoughts turn somewhat romantic and I think..................."I'm going down to the refreshment stand and get myself a weanie, and conceal the weanie in my shorts....come halftime festivities....I'm whipping out the weanie and I'm going to eat the weanie and force her to watch me!!!!...............nah, she wouldn't understand, that's just my way of expressing my love and devotion to her".

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, I love my wife so much. I would be lost without her love, her touch, her gentleness. I often think about her and daydream while at the football game....looking at the evening sky above the stadium. Then my thoughts turn somewhat romantic and I think..................."I'm going down to the refreshment stand and get myself a weanie, and conceal the weanie in my shorts....come halftime festivities....I'm whipping out the weanie and I'm going to eat the weanie and force her to watch me!!!!...............nah, she wouldn't understand, that's just my way of expressing my love and devotion to her".
prob i got is i went and spent all our spare cash on buying the bike, so i have to pretend i want her on the back lol, no i dont mind if she wants to come on the back now and again, but i dont want to spoil the look of the bike

·
Registered
974 Posts
Not sure if I'm happy with the look or not.
Just from the photo it looks fine and blends in well with the shape of the tail, it doesn't look out of place at all IMO

Reactions: lumberjack

·
Registered
211 Posts
If its your toy for your time out then sod the grab rail and take the rear pegs off. That doesn't sound like the case though. Function over form. Grab the rail and enjoy some quality time with the missus. You won't see it when your riding and when your not its just a few black lines that represent good times together. My 0.2 from the info given. Enjoy the GSXS and your lady friend regardless!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think the Gixxes is too small a bike for 2 people. If 2 up was something I wanted to do regularly, I would save myself the headache and buy a different bike. I think maybe the Kawasaki Concourse. That's a nice bike and it's pretty fast.

Reactions: dekker
1 - 19 of 19 Posts