GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of eBay special levers for the GSXs1000 and have some issues. The brake lever did not fit with out removing some metal from the lever .. too thick. The clutch just not enough cable adj with out slipping a tooth on the engine case lever.

Long story short will I run into the same issues with a set of Pazzos?
Thank you
Ray

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you buy a set of Pazzos for your bike they’ll fit. You bought a set of cheap Chinese shorties, and it’s well known that their quality varies greatly.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Dang they are half the price ...
so no issues mounting them ( aka Grinding)
How about fading ?

Thank you
Ray
They were a perfect fit. So far, no fading. I had another cheap ebay set on another bike that turned from black to brown fairly fast, and that's why I originally went with Pazzos The Ride-Its have not faded yet at all. I originally bought a pair of shorties for my DL650, and liked them so much that I replaced the Pazzos on my GSX-S1000F with shories too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were a perfect fit. So far, no fading. I had another cheap ebay set on another bike that turned from black to brown fairly fast, and that's why I originally went with Pazzos The Ride-Its have not faded yet at all. I originally bought a pair of shorties for my DL650, and liked them so much that I replaced the Pazzos on my GSX-S1000F with shories too.
Thank you for the heads up... I will be ordering shortly

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ordered the levers
Thank you

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
No wonder they didn't fit.
Definitely the case on the GSXS but it should not be a blanket statement. I have myself and I know people that have ran them with zero issues. All was not lost though as I wasn’t sure if I wanted RED levers. I now at least know the red looks good.... so will be rocking the RED.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,539 Posts
Bought these off Ebay UK £50/70 USD, fit perfectly.

Reactions: gritty and RAS

·
Registered
36 Posts
You have to trust the front brake lever with your life, don't buy the cheap knock off one no matter how cool it looks or what color it is. Plenty of stories out there about the chinese/ebay ones failing when it was needed most.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Plenty of stories out there about the chinese/ebay ones snapping when it was needed most.
Can you post links to news stories?
Not to be difficult. I like to verify and get details.

·
Registered
358 Posts

Just search youtube...plenty of stories, commentary and reviews.
This one was found after watching yours as one of the suggested videos. He talks about what a good value they are. He does also mention the video you posted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This one was found after watching yours as one of the suggested videos. He talks about what a good value they are. He does also mention the video you posted.
Some people buy the cheapest helmet they can find or shop around for discount lasik surgery. It's a personal decision, the question is really why buy something of questionable quality when you have so much riding on it not failing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Some people buy the cheapest helmet they can find or shop around for discount lasik surgery. It's a personal decision, the question is really why buy something of questionable quality when you have so much riding on it not failing.
Hit the nail on the head....these are safety critical items....why skimp?....would u buy cheap Chinese tires for you bike too????........I don't think so, yes there are some decent bargains to be had but stick to cosmetic stuff if u going down the ebay/Chinese route....

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,539 Posts
No problem with my Chinese levers but I no longer buy things from there for various reasons. However it is very difficult as a great deal of "premium" brands originate from there.
Whenever I can I buy British, and I hope you all support your own countries first. (y)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
No problem with my Chinese levers but I no longer buy things from there for various reasons. However it is very difficult as a great deal of "premium" brands originate from there.
Whenever I can I buy British, and I hope you all support your own countries first. (y)
I always prefer to buy USA goods, because I'm American, right? I don't think I'll ever buy a Harley (never say never) :ROFLMAO: , but I also tend to support products that are high quality and competitive in the market price wise. I buy from China (or products of Chinese origin) occasionally because they really do have some companies that are trying hard to compete in the global market and build very high quality stuff. Case in point... I'm a drummer. I play a Tama StarClassic kit manufactured in China. Everything about it is as high quality as you could ever ask for, at a price that can't be beat. It's still not cheap, and that's why I would hesitate to pay $20 usd for a pair of levers, but China can do quality, and some China companies are trying to compete on quality as well as price.
I can also see the argument for never buying anything from a country such as China because of the regime, labor laws, politics, or whatever, but, if you take that to an extreme, it would be hard to buy a motorcycle, because almost all (maybe all) have parts made in China. So.... :) Ride-it levers are made in China, and "seem" very high quality. They are more expensive then some ebay options, but still cheaper than most "name brands". I've been impressed so far and they get good reviews.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts