GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does anyone who has the running lights know where the led pods mount inside the headlamp?
I can't even find a part number for them

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone who has the running lights know where the led pods mount inside the headlamp?
I can't even find a part number for them
sorry to revive an old post, but i have your answer.

The oem lights are on a board that slides into two vertical U shaped holders on the back of the headlamp assy. the wiring is not tied into the headlamp, but is on its own 12V switched circuit. The models that did not come with park lights do not have any wiring or assemblies in the housing. It was simply just not installed upon building the bike. The wiring for both lights runs behind the lamps inside the assembly and both lights wiring exit at a singular point out of the assy. The grey plugs are not for mounting lights., they are vents.

You will not find a p/n as they do not sell them as a part. In order to get the lights OEM you would need to source either a new headlight assembly from japan or eu or find someone who for whatever reason, decided to remove their oem ones.

Check out this link. i know it is the naked, but the same lights may work for you.

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1000-appearance-modifications/44144-adding-fang-lights-gsx-s1000-naked.html

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
First, that post is nearly 3 years old.
Second, he's right. The reflector is the high-beam part. Converting the bulb to be on all the time would be the same as riding with high beams on all the time. An a$$hole move.
yes i know its old and i know hes right and your right about a$$hole moves...he has done it all

21 - 25 of 25 Posts