GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Like title says i want to remove the pancake looking silencer from the exhaust. I tried

looking for a premade pipe that would be clamp on but no luck. I went to a few exhaust shops (cars) and

they wouldnt touch it saying that the whole exhaust is titanium. Is the stock exhaust really titanium?

Anyone know what i can do here? i have a slipon exhaust but not loud enough so i want to remove the

silencer but having a hard time finding someone or shop to do it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello.

In instuction they want 9,5 cm cut. How long is the catalyst?I want this "noise" MOD, but I do not want to destroy the catalyst.
Do not you know if it comes out?

Thanks for answers.

Romas

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello.

In instuction they want 9,5 cm cut. How long is the catalyst?I want this "noise" MOD, but I do not want to destroy the catalyst.
Do not you know if it comes out?

Thanks for answers.

Romas

Wondering the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
The exhaust is one piece from the headers back to the slip on. It is possible to cut out the cat/muffler box and weld a straight tube in it's place, but I didn't find any local shops that would do it. It seems that is not common in the USA. I went with the headers from Black Widow. They ship out of the UK, but I got my parts within a few days of placing my order. Very happy with the product. Easy to install, and they sound/look great.

My mods - https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/what-did-you-do-your-gsxs-1000-today/41296-black-widow-exhaust-k-n-holeshot-tuner-throttle-tamer.html

·
Registered
719 Posts
Catalytic converter extends a bit into muffler box...a decat will cut it a bit.

Anyplace that told you the bike came with a titanium exhaust is either really stupid or did not actually want your business.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Trying to avoid doing full exhaust just want to delete the silencer and keep the cat in place

Any reason you're avoiding a full exhaust? Keeping the cat will require removing the entire exhaust system, cutting out the muffler, and putting a new pipe in it's place. It's likely less work to get a full exhaust.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any reason you're avoiding a full exhaust? Keeping the cat will require removing the entire exhaust system, cutting out the muffler, and putting a new pipe in it's place. It's likely less work to get a full exhaust.

Just want to keep cost down and just looking for more sound

1 - 10 of 10 Posts