GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I live in the UK and is my first week on my S1000F and loving it.

My only issue is the headlight. On the country roads it is pretty much useless and I am having to use my full beam, sorry cars, but I need to see where I am going.

I have since upgraded the bulb to a +130 Philips. Which has helped. But still not great.

I can't help to think why Suzuki is only using the single headlight when I have 2!!! WTF. Is there a way to get the other one hooked up? :nerd:

·
Registered
204 Posts
yes you need to convert the headlights to H4 (has high and low on each bulb) then you need to do a little rewiring. I myself went the hole way and upgraded to zeon headlight with there own projectors.
The rewiring is not that complicated as long as you understand basic electronics ie you have a live and a -ve and you need two circuits one dip one high they will share the same -ve but be fed from the different live. I don't remember the colour codes i think i may still have my notes lieing around in my garage but from memory there is a black wire (-ve) and a white and a yellow ,one is live when you select high and the other is live when you select dip on your bike one is wired to the left and one wired to the right

Let me know if you want me to draw you somthing with the correct colour codes etc.

the most difficult part of the job for me was taking it all apart to do the work. The wiring was just a few mins with a soldering iron and heat shrink :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mythic,

Thanks for the replay. I think I will explore this solution as it is something I will want for the winter. Let me do some research on a conversion kit to Zeon. I might take you up on that offer but lets see how far I get with getting a kit which might contain instructions.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just adjust the highbeam headlight to a lower height level and ride with highbeam on. Job done.
Thanks for this suggestion. After thinking about it this might actually work. I have purchased a HID Kit and will try this first and report back. If I need more light after this I will lower the second beam. :D

Love your work!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have completed my first low beam HID conversion. I am going to run this for a few weeks before attemting the high beam.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts