GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday, Monday 21st, blue sky sun shining went for a fairly gentle ride around Wales 215 miles.
I was doubtful if I could make it back home to the supermarket I filled up from to start. Made it with range showing 8 miles left, phew.
However I only managed to squeeze 15.14 litres in = (64.5 mpg uk) (53.7 us gal - I think).
So range reading 8 when in fact I had well over 20mls left.
Bike read 62 Av MPG .

Contrast that with another Welsh ride on Saturday 19th 280 miles (escaping the royal wedding) sunny again roads nearly empty, this time with my mate on his GSXR750.
Only managed around 42 mpg uk.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Math is backwards on the US Gallons, that's 4.06ish. (Although a 50 gallon fuel tank would be fun).

that's impressive, I'm seeing about 42mpg and I'm thrilled with it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume 53.7 miles per us gallon was the intent. Though it did throw for me a loop at first.
Yep, sorry if it wasn't clear. Time the USA got up to speed.;)
I actually prefer to think in "miles per litre" which would have been 14.2 mpl.
The tank size is quoted in litres ie 17 and fuel is dispensed here in litres and I tend to average 10/11 mpl. So simplifies the maths.

In Europe consumption is quoted in "litres per 100 kilometres" which means jack sh__t to me.
The UK measures in miles not kl so maybe we need to get up to speed as well.:)
Note, do not assume from this post that I obsess about fuel consumption cos I don't - honest.:nerd:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seems strange with 8 miles on range theres still a full bar showing...id be at half of bar or none with fuel blinking
Pic was taken with engine not running the fuel bar was in fact blinking.
What was interesting was the range figure being so far out, 8 when I had more like 28 miles left.

Anyway it's just a bit of info to add to our knowledge bank

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Pic was taken with engine not running the fuel bar was in fact blinking.
What was interesting was the range figure being so far out, 8 when I had more like 28 miles left.

Anyway it's just a bit of info to add to our knowledge bank
probably 8 would of went down slow...like when i fill up might read 145 miles but as i ride it will start going up.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts