GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Anyone tried these? I thought they looked good and liked the choice of matching color, if desired. But I have never dealt with the company. They also have case savers, among other items. Search their for site as t-rex-racing.

BTW, I believe they add about 5 rwhp (blue only). :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi! Anyone tried these? I thought they looked good and liked the choice of matching color, if desired. But I have never dealt with the company. They also have case savers, among other items. Search their for site as t-rex-racing.

BTW, I believe they add about 5 rwhp (blue only). :)

I ordered the complete set from T-Rex. This includes frame sliders, front and rear axle sliders, three case protectors (two on the right and one on the left), and bar-end protectors. I'm very satisfied with the company, the product, and the service. Everything installed nicely and without any issues. I did a track day at Barbers Motorsports Park two weeks ago and received a lot of compliments on the various components. FYI, my bike is blue so I ordered the blue-lettered Frame sliders and they look great IMHO.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Schmedlab, Thanks for the input. BTW, how'd the bike do at the track?
The bike did great but the rider......not so good. The weather was unusually cold and the track surface was cold. We were told that more riders than usual went down, especially in the "hairpin" turn. Anyway, I had a great time and didn't crash so I will be doing it again the first weekend in June.

·
Registered
189 Posts
good quality but they are very heavy.
I don't know what the weight of any of the various components is but I never once thought of any of them as heavy much less "very heavy". However, the steel plates that the frame sliders attach to are quite stout but I assume they need to be in order to "do the job". Nevertheless, I'm not one to fret over a little added weight in my effort to protect the frame and engine case covers in the event of a "low side". The axle sliders probably don't add much protection, especially on the rear axle, but they look cool.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hooligan Concept - thanks. SchmedLab glad you didn't go down. Yeah, I had a friend that gave me grief for some Z1 engine "crash" guards I made from 1/4-inch strap steel. He'd say do want to save an engine cover vesus taking out the entire frame? I just wanted to protect a basic low side. :laugh:

·
Registered
299 Posts
The search bar can be your friend sometimes....

But be careful because he's been known to talk about people behind their backs and cause fights. He's a friend to your face but will stab you in the back and throw you under the bus as soon as it's convenient for him. Two faced [email protected]!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts