GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Every bike has a slipper clutch, it is your left hand.

Seriously until you figure this out a built in slipper is nothing more than a band aide. On race bikes most tune out the slipper to bare minimum. I personally leave mine at stock setting on my race bike but still use the built in model I have had since birth, my left hand. I ride a lot of dirt bikes mostly 4 strokes and grew up mastering matching engine speed to rear wheel slippage.

I find the GSX with out one to be quite easy to slip into a drift using both engine braking with back shifts with proper clutch release. If not done correctly you'll get a little tire chirp or hop but that just says you are not getting it done at the lever correctly. Try again..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just ordered a 2018 model Slip & Assist Clutch to fit to me 2016 GSX-S1000F,

lots of parts need ordering, (doesn't come as a kit) but covers etc are the same.

Suzuki dealer will be fitting it so i'll let update on how the install and riding it goes, including a list of parts needed.

Supposed advantages
  • Back torque limiting, slipper clutch tp prevent lock ups during downchanges
  • 20-30% less effort needed at clutch lever
  • Stronger clamping under acceleration
I know people have discussed whether the 2015/16 had a back torque limiting clutch, but there in nothing in the service manual or upon inspection of my clutch that would limit back torque/slip.
Hi Paul! What is your opinion about two type of clutch? I'd like a buy a GSX-S 1000, but don't know, worth the more money spend to a newer model, or enough the pre 2017 model. Currently I'm using a 2005 Hayabusa (with TSS slipper clutch)

Thanks for help!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi Paul! What is your opinion about two type of clutch? I'd like a buy a GSX-S 1000, but don't know, worth the more money spend to a newer model, or enough the pre 2017 model. Currently I'm using a 2005 Hayabusa (with TSS slipper clutch)

Thanks for help!
You won't get a reply from him. He is no longer around.
Later year models can be found cheap so why not opt for a later model. Blacked out footpegs and hardware, slipper clutch etc..
If an earlier year model is much cheaper than go for that. Not much between them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You won't get a reply from him. He is no longer around.
Later year models can be found cheap so why not opt for a later model. Blacked out footpegs and hardware, slipper clutch etc..
If an earlier year model is much cheaper than go for that. Not much between them.
Thanks for the reply!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts