GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted the M4 slip-on to my bike. Makes a nice sound, but not annoyingly loud. Planning on putting a K&N filter on as well. So I guess I'll have to get the ECU reflashed again. Almost ready to go for the 2018 season, just an oil change and some chain adjustment left. As far as the slip-on goes, would you guys recommend baffle in or out? Does it make a noticeable difference in performance?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
unless things changed threw the years..id think baffle in...bike motor will be smoother..and pull harder in low to mid range...simple rollon against a riding buddy...with baffle in and out will answer your question

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the slip on by it self change the sound at all? I’ve been wondering if just doing a slip on is worth it.
I think it does have a different note to it compared to the stock muffler. But decibel level seems to be similar, like I said not much louder. Whether or not it's worth it, idk. Different people have different opinions, and I think it comes down to what you're looking for from the purchase.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I fitted the M4 slip-on to my bike. Makes a nice sound, but not annoyingly loud. Planning on putting a K&N filter on as well. So I guess I'll have to get the ECU reflashed again. Almost ready to go for the 2018 season, just an oil change and some chain adjustment left. As far as the slip-on goes, would you guys recommend baffle in or out? Does it make a noticeable difference in performance?
I have the full M4 exhaust and had it tuned on dyno (PCV) with bmc filter and the tuner dynoed without baffle simply because he couldn't get oxygen sensor in. I have ran it with and without the baffle and the only difference I noticed is sound and backfire without baffle. Very loud and obnoxious without the baffle. Performance wise I'd be lying if I could tell you I noticed a difference. With baffle=mellow tone, without baffle= sounds like a demon.

This is of course with headers. I dont imagine you will notice much difference at all with cat still on no matter what you do...

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
one of the first things I noticed when i bought the S was ...How good the exhaust looked....that dont happen to often and sounded great .....
I agree. Good looks, and compared to other stock exhausts, it sounds much more aggressive, without being obnoxiously loud.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts