GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as im sure some may have seen my other post asking if there is a possibility of a slipper clutch conversion for the 2015-2017 GSXS, it is *possible*

the 2018 has been fitted with a slipper clutch and the idea from HUGOJOSE to look at the part number differences between the 2016 and 2018.

i looked at the starter clutch mechanism - all parts are same part numbers
i looked at the clutch cable - same part numbers
i looked at the crankshaft (possible differences in the spline count or thread differences? both are exact same part number
i looked at the clutch case and other covers as well - all exact same part numbers

so now it comes to the actual clutch components, other than the actual clutch its self, only 2 components were different part numbers:

1) 2311-35F00 rod, clutch push, LH
2) 23271-41g60 arm, clutch release

the other components those 2 listed connect to are still the same part numbers so there shouldnt be any reason or issue using the 2 above parts listed on the 2015-2017 models

so 2 components plus the full clutch its self is not a bad deal to put a slipper clutch into the earlier models! ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yes, more parts available from inside Japan itself.
My US site has different clutch spring part numbers for the 2016 c/- to the 2019. I would expect the later slipper model to have softer springs.
And welcome to the Forum too.

Rob.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, more parts available from inside Japan itself.
My US site has different clutch spring part numbers for the 2016 c/- to the 2019. I would expect the later slipper model to have softer springs.
And welcome to the Forum too.

Rob.
wouldnt those be part of the whole clutch unit itself though? i mean if you switch over to the full slipper unit then you would use the springs specific to it and only need the other components to make it work in the earlier years gsxs, or am i wrong?

and thank you for the welcome!

i am an absolute gear head and like to tinker, since i cannot own a supersport bike i will be doing many things to the gsxs to make it more like a supersport

1 - 8 of 8 Posts