GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I already did the tail tidy and scott oiler, so I picked up a fender extender and radiator cover and a pair of sliders. Tried fitting the fender extender and I will need to take the front wheel off, and to take the front wheel off I need to remove the brake callipers too - does that sound right or have I missed something? And of course to do that I need to support the bike too - so I have ordered a 1Jac but I wanted one of these anyway.

Am also gonna have to remove the front side panels to fit the radiator cover - hate messing with the plastic, especially the rivet style fasteners as there is always the chance that something will break.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Calipers and wheel comes off to remove front guard.
If you have a naked then rad cover can be bolted on by going through the little gap in the plastics. Not sure about the F version.

·
Registered
328 Posts
If I recall from reading the manual (Yeah, I'm one of THOSE guys) you need to remember to remove the speed sensor too before you touch the wheel or calipers?

Reactions: chr1s

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm just reading from the owners manual. Service manual is a purchasable option, no free download sources as yet.

I might buy the electronic version and post it up if nothing shows up soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, so I already did the tail tidy and scott oiler, so I picked up a fender extender and radiator cover and a pair of sliders. Tried fitting the fender extender and I will need to take the front wheel off, and to take the front wheel off I need to remove the brake callipers too - does that sound right or have I missed something? And of course to do that I need to support the bike too - so I have ordered a 1Jac but I wanted one of these anyway.

Am also gonna have to remove the front side panels to fit the radiator cover - hate messing with the plastic, especially the rivet style fasteners as there is always the chance that something will break.
Which version of the 1jac did you order. I've looked at these before but the website doesnt list our bike specifically..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I rang them and placed the order over the phone, having already emailed and received a response with a photo of the GSX S1000 (in blue - didn't they have any red ones in stock??) hoisted up. Had to have one. Arrived. Fitted. Epic. There are pics on their [1Jac] Facebook page. I was initially a little freaked - to fit the lifting lug we have to reverse the engine mounting bolt then replace the nut with the lifting lug supplied with the kit. But you can't then refit the original nut and I wasn't sure I liked that. But another call confirmed thats ok. Very happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts