GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased the block off plates from P 3 Tuning , made by SmartMoto Electronics , upon viewing their website they offer a few potential useful additions to the Gixxis

o2 sensor - I'd like to research this more to see how much of a difference it makes
Dealer Mode switch - Real nice design , definitely purchasing
Timing Retard eliminator - There's alot of info on here regarding this however I prefer this variant over healtech as it doesn't involve cutting wiring or splicing , simple plug & play

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,733 Posts
Their blurb on the TRE states :-
Note: Models with standard gear indicators will always show "5" when in any selected gear except of Neutral.

Does this apply to the GSX-S1000?

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer Mode switch is 1 device
What advantages will these electronic gizmos give you in the long run?
phuck knows , I'm posing the questions for further info , some people say the TRE & / or o2 sensor makes a difference some say it doesn't , that's why I said I'd like to research it

the dealer mode switch is a no brainer for me

Just flash the bike
Don’t need 5 diff devices on the bike
I'd prefer not to when plug & play options are available & if they aren't worthwhile you simply unplug anywhere you want

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Pull out, flash it, put it back

decide you don’t like it? Flash back to stock.

stock and flashed back to stock are exactly the same. There is one member here if I recall who bought a used ecu off ebay just so he had his oem he could swap back and fourth if he felt he needed warranty. Don’t recall which member but never needed it lol

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pull out, flash it, put it back

decide you don’t like it? Flash back to stock.

stock and flashed back to stock are exactly the same. There is one member here if I recall who bought a used ecu off ebay just so he had his oem he could swap back and fourth if he felt he needed warranty. Don’t recall which member but never needed it lol
The latter sounds like like a better idea.

sending the ecu off isn't my kind of plug & play , I had a z900 (sh1te bike , actually laughably poor) with a pc5 & there were a few issues that were alleviated through the pulling of over lifting the tank & pulling out the pc5 & heading home to then sort it out.

obviously this Woolich flash seems pretty premium from the reviews membership have said.

I might look into this particularly if I add an aftermarket full system.

since I drilled my baffle out of the stock exhaust I've concluded that the bike is too loud for my liking - so that's pushed me closer to the SC Project s1 exhaust as it comes baffled - only then would I take advantage of a flash

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The flash isn’t about a full exhaust there’s like 10 features you have done at same time, from taking away the jerkiness, fuel cut, letting the bikes butterflies open fully, etc.. the gear retarding thing. Also included, you don’t need to waste $ on the additional components, even if you leave the mapping alone, those little features pay for itself

remap it for a full exhaust if you want or not.

but I hate all Suzuki’s with those other features, they suck. So glad we are able to turn them off.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers for the heads up

might look into a secondary ecu

·
Registered
591 Posts
Gotta make sure it’s same ecu number : same features
And if my understanding is correct, don't get a foreign market ECU when you need domestic, depending on where you are. Like PengWinnin said, match the numbers, you can't go wrong.
the dealer mode switch is a no brainer for me
Meh, so you don't have to insert a paper clip in the connector?
How often do you think you will need to activate the switch?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts