GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New to site. I have bought a gsxs1000 on a 18 plate. Brilliant bike apart from the throttle being snatching. I spoke to the dealer I got it from . They say its fine I disagree. Can't fault the bike apart from the throttle. Any thing I can do to it. Cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
First of all, welcome. You've purchased an outstanding motorcycle.

And yes, you've come to the right place. Just search for "snatchy throttle" and all your questions will be answered.

New throttle tube, adjusting throttle position sensor, flashing the ecu, and more... It's all covered.

I am surprised to hear about a snatchy throttle on an '18 though. I have an '18 model year and it is buttery perfect from the factory.

Ride safe!

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
First of all, welcome. You've purchased an outstanding motorcycle.

And yes, you've come to the right place. Just search for "snatchy throttle" and all your questions will be answered.

New throttle tube, adjusting throttle position sensor, flashing the ecu, and more... It's all covered.

I am surprised to hear about a snatchy throttle on an '18 though. I have an '18 model year and it is buttery perfect from the factory.

Ride safe!

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk
I have an 18 and I had a snatchy throttle until I got a custom map and Dyno

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dano's for a remap. He did mine and very smooth now and took about 40-50% of the engine brake out and made it so my fan comes on at 195 degrees. Coat me $190 3 years ago and that included freight back to me. Sent it out on a Monday and had it back by Friday.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I'm so glad my 2016 never had snatchy throttle. It definitely is NOT a model year thing, or, if you read all of the pages of posts, even the same thing from bike to bike. Good luck finding a fix. I joked one early on that one fix is: less pre-ride coffee (and was chastised for my minimization of the issue). But... It varies so much from bike to bike that some people don't notice it, some people can't ride the **** thing with it, and everything in-between. One heck of a problem. Good Luck. ;)

·
Registered
703 Posts
My bikes a 17 model throttle snatch and engine braking was crap so off to the dyno bike is fantastic.
Get it flashed or dyno tuned with woolich and you will be a happy chappy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts