GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It dawned on me the other day that I hadn't had any 'moments' with the throttle for a long time. I told myself I must have gotten used to it and am just allowing for it.
Today I spent some time trying to provoke some snatchyness and really could not get the bike to jerk and snatch anymore than you would expect when playing around with the throttle as I did.
I haven't done anything except remove all the play from the throttle.
I'm at about 14,000 kms.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Same with mine, after break-in period (around 600 miles or so) and fixing throttle cable slack, no more jerkiness
maybe a tiny bit from off to on in 1st or 2nd gear in tight corners, but that is to be expected.
I also was wondering if i just got used to it...but its definitley better.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have noticed there can be a variance in responce with a sudden change in temperature, with my cutout throttle tube 99% of the time their is no snatch at all but at times I have noticed lately and especially yesterday when I rode from warm air into a misty mountain range in a town where we had to slow down it got very responsive , not enough to be very bad as the altered throttle tube helps it but it was very noticeable.maybe this is normal though

·
Registered
147 Posts
I also remove the play on mine, and its much better. Not completely gone, but much better. Not doing much slow riding in traffic lately, so its also not bothering me much at the moment anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts