GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive had the bike a week now and im still very much in love with the gsxs1000 so ive started playing with is and swapping out the very few things i dont like

so far the mirrors have gone in favour of some sexy bar end mirrors

i removed the pilion pegs( as ill never have anyone on there) to help clear up the rear end a bit

r&g have justed released there tidy tail and its been ordered

and lastly i have started to swap over to led indicators i have just done the front one and am waiting for tidy tail to come before i do rears

have fun guys

mat
pics below

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can't say the mirrors are doing it for me, but then I've never been a big fan of bar ends.
Indicators look good.
You putting on a windscreen?
How do you find the wind blast?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill be putting on the little flyscreen but wind buffering is none existent even at highway speeds around trucks

i like the bar end mirrors over stock bars cause all i could see in stock mirrors were my elbows lol

im not sure if i sole on the mirrors as yet but like the bar end type may look at getting better mirrors

future plains are frame sliders flyscreen and tidy tail, maybe some other protection stuff

·
Registered
128 Posts
Where'd you order the tail tidy from? I'm tossing up between the R & G and Yoshi ones.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ordered r & g one online think its comming from England

·
Registered
128 Posts
i ordered r & g one online think its comming from England

I ended up ordering the Yoshi one from Revzilla, as I had $95 worth of their cash on my account. Considering the R&G radiator guard though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Those indicators are awesome! What brand are they and how was the instal?

When the GSX S finally lands in the states I hope to do similar things, tail tidy, bar end mirror, indicators, frame sliders, etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
led indicators are oxford brand Neptune style but they have many styles

not too hard to fit just a little thinking.

im not the sharpest knife in the drawer and i get there ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so the r&g tidy tail turned up thursday arvo and i could not help myself so i put it on right away lol

was a cold arvo/night but i was not giving up

all fitted with led indicators and the numberplate light that come with the kit

very happy with the kit and the look of the read now

now just have to wait for suzuki Australia to get themselves sorted and i can get rest of parts ( frame sliders,flyscreen amd radiator guard)

pics below

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looking good! Loving the look of the rear now..

Where did you order the R&G tail tidy from, can I ask & how much?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey redman

i got it through the r&g website and it cost me $176 plus 46 ish for postage from england

it was plug and play with very nice,easy to read instructions

would recommend this kit to anyone

mat

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so next round of mods have been done

fitted the flyscreen and had protective stickers/tank pad fitted as well as heated grips( for those few cold morning we have here in qld) and lastly the rear seat cover

i wanted clear side stickers but got colored ones by mistake but within seconds of seeing them i liked them more then the clear ones

last mod for me now is frame sliders and axle protectors

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I like the look of the rear ;)I'm waiting for a Lightech kit next month.
Where do you have bought the protective stickers/tank like this? On line?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Love the indicators. Not a fan of your barend mirros.
Very nice bike!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ive ordered the R&G tail tidy too as i had one on my last bike. Looks great BTW.

Unfortunately i spoke with R&G as there is a delay on the tail tidy due to poor powder coating on the last batch.....going to have to wait a couple more weeks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
did some carbon wrapping a few weeks ago

i think it turned out ok ( flyscreen was 1st time wrapping seat cover turned out nicer due to learning from mistakes on flyscreen)

have put some blue led's behind screen for a blue glow may try to take pic later to see if glow can be seen by camera

mat

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hey matdaddy, I'm looking at tail tidy options now. What did they sting you for the r&g one? There's a mob in Tassie selling their version for $115 delivered.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts