GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Fantastic video, though your transportation engineers are terribly inefficient. Here in Texas ours know that the quickest and cheapest paveable distance between two points is a straight line. Yours are squiggly and all over the place.

Sigh...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha! Yes out this way the planet has decided to heave it's way skyward. Makes for difficult roadways, but fun. Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Only thing I would be concerned with on two wheels is dislodged rocks from the adjacent hillsides. Do you ever encounter them with any near misses?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Cool deal. My wife and I took a vacation out to El Dorado a few years back to visit my sister and took Ebbetts Pass on the journey back. I was imagining riding a bike through there. We were in a crew cab Chevy truck and even that was a challenge on some of the turns. Not for the faint of heart but beautiful scenery for sure.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Great video, thanks. Looks like your using a chest harness for the camera ?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That's where I wear mine, works very well there.
They are ok if you run off the camera battery but I have a USB lead from the bike battery so it can run all day. A wire to the helmet would be very inconvenient, one to a chest harness not so bad.
But that has it's own hindrances.
Mine is perched on top of the brake master cylinder which is why the audio is so rough, from vibrations.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's where I wear mine, works very well there.
They are ok if you run off the camera battery but I have a USB lead from the bike battery so it can run all day. A wire to the helmet would be very inconvenient, one to a chest harness not so bad.
But that has it's own hindrances.
Mine is perched on top of the brake master cylinder which is why the audio is so rough, from vibrations.
I didn't think your audio was bad at all, unless you go to specific effort to get good audio these action cams get all the wind noise and everthing bad, it's pretty overpowering at any speed. I just like the more first person view. I do turn off and on and off and on to save battery.

·
Registered
890 Posts
They are ok if you run off the camera battery
Yea, I have a really really old crappy Hero HD. It's not the greatest but after reviewing the current options GoPro offers, the battery life really turns me off. Seems most folks only get about 45 minutes to a battery, or so the reviews I've seen and folks I've talked to have told me. I have a commute that's right around an hour one way so it wouldn't last that. I can go to work and back and still have battery to spare on my old crappy camera.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have a "Muvi" K1, makers claim 4hrs battery life but I reckon it's closer to 3hrs.
Great camera and fairly cheap, just need to get the mounting sorted out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts