GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed a K-Tech shock on her today. Was a bit of a bear but only took about 1-1/2 hours to complete. Youngest son helped with wheel lifting and manipulation as needed. Unfortunately could only go for a quick test ride due to the weather but could immediately tell it is night and day better.
Hopefully it clears up later today or tomorrow so I can go have some fun. Will update the thread once I’ve had a chance to put it thru it’s paces.
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

Light Sleeve Bag Red Font

Oh my God, what a difference and so far I’ve only used the recommended settings. You really don’t realize how bad the factory shock is until it’s replaced. All the little jarring bumps are gone from the rear. I purposely rode it thru some rougher corners to see how it would react and the back stayed planted. Gonna have to work on the forks now.

Took it out for about 3 hours today and can definitely say this shock is a great addition, especially for the price. Much more enjoyable ride and far less fatiguing than the stock shock. You really don’t realize how bad it is until you’ve replaced it.

05/25 Update: Was able to get some seat time this past weekend and get a good feel for the new shock. Spent a solid five hours riding twisties and long straights and can now say I definitely can tell the difference. No stiffness at all in the lower back. I originally attributed the stiff back to being old and fat but even after months with a trainer working a lot of core, I would still get stiff with the stock shock. Not at all anymore. Much more enjoyable. Now I just have to finish dialing it in. It’s really good but still needs a little tweaking.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i found also once i fitted a decent r/shock, i noticed the fork could be better...k-tech make a replacement valve and comp adjuster kit too
I’ve looked at the KTech fork parts but think I’ll send them out to Traxxion Dynamics and have them install their kit. Includes both comp and rebound valve upgrades, springs and spacers. All fully assembled for a very reasonable price. I used one of their kits in my last bike and it was great. I have to strip the bike down anyway for the full M4 install and to send the ecu out. Will do all at once so down as little as possible.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really need to get a new rear shock. Not sure why I've been stalling on it.
I put it off for a while also and didn’t truly realize how bad it was until I changed it. With the factory shock I’d have times where it just didn’t feel as planted on rough sweeps. Thus far, I haven’t had the feeling with the new shock. Definitely worth doing.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I put it off for a while also and didn’t truly realize how bad it was until I changed it. With the factory shock I’d have times where it just didn’t feel as planted on rough sweeps. Thus far, I haven’t had the feeling with the new shock. Definitely worth doing.
I couldn't put it off any longer and placed an order this morning for a K-Tech Razor R! Brand new set up for my weight and riding types for $531 shipped! Couldn't pass it up at that price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts