GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
They're the same (I'm pretty sure). I noticed the different numbers and was concerned about this as well, but only absolute L and R pieces will be the bits that screw into the bottom of the cylinders. I mocked everything up and triple checked it before pressing the cylinders into the bags... thankfully it all worked out! Just make sure everything corresponds with the proper case as far as the direction the key turns, etc.

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000GT+ blue
241 Posts
How do you get them out? My lock cylinder came out of one and I'd like to loctite those screws and put it back in without going to the dealer 90 minutes away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also had this happen, you will need to disassemble the pannier, the worst part is drilling out the three rivets on the back side, I replaced mine with small allen head bolt and locking nut, don’t forget rubber washers to keep moisture out. If you take your time and keep parts organized its not too bad, you will want to pull the other lock out and check it to avoid having to do this twice. I waited and had to both……ugh. Not sure if locktitle was bad or not enough used first go, what weaver the case it is something you can fix yourself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also had this happen, you will need to disassemble the pannier, the worst part is drilling out the three rivets on the back side, I replaced mine with small allen head bolt and locking nut, don’t forget rubber washers to keep moisture out. If you take your time and keep parts organized its not too bad, you will want to pull the other lock out and check it to avoid having to do this twice. I waited and had to both……ugh. Not sure if locktitle was bad or not enough used first go, what weaver the case it is something you can fix yourself.
I’m glad I saw this post. I just finished reassembling mine (took lots of pictures) due to the same problem. At least it’s fairly straightforward.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I believe I'll take it back to the dealer. I can already hear the "you damaged it, so it's not warranty now".
It won’t hurt to be safe, but if you do a lot of your own work it’s not bad. Basically with a 5mm hex and a number 2 Phillips head you can take apart the whole thing. It’s a lot faster with 1/4 hex key bits and ratchets but if you take your time (and lots of pictures) it’s not bad. You do have to drill out three rivets (like Weezer said) but it’s not a big deal.

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000GT
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

can you please tell me how to remove these rear bracket cover.
I don`t have service manual.
I just install rear rack and now all I need is to remove this cover to set original panniers.
THX
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi everyone,

can you please tell me how to remove these rear bracket cover.
I don`t have service manual.
I just install rear rack and now all I need is to remove this cover to set original panniers.
THX
View attachment 49511
They pop off. I think all the bag instructions say are to remove them without any details and I was hesitant as I was leery of breaking something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts