GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been searching this forum like crazy about the decat and full exhaust comparisons. I have the understanding that the full exhaust will give you the most power but what is the actual difference in sound between a full exhaust and the decat with the cat fully removed.
I was looking at a full M4 or the decat with servo eliminator and block off plates. I've also come across the thread where one member drilled out the stock slip on and took the baffle out. However, they didn't indicate much of a change in sound.
I'm coming from a Fz6r with a full two brothers exhaust and was hoping for a sound somewhat similar. Too loud for some people but I love it.
I'm in Canada so a decat would run me around $200-$300 vs a full M4 is $1200.
So for anyone with experience with this....how loud is the decat vs a full exhaust?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Mate if you look on YouTube there are videos with stock exhaust vs decat with stock exhaust plus aftermarket M4,yoshi etc.
I’m still running the stock exhaust and if I was going to change anything I would just remove the muffler and put a short pipe To make swing cleaning easer.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The M4 system is engineered with a muffler and its short, loud but more importantly it's not designed to be swapped for other end cans.
If you ran a decat and the M4 slip on or similar short can it would sound much the same.
I don't like the M4 muffler design so I opted for a decat and Yoshimura R11 slip on.
Either way you go it'll be significantly louder than stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been looking at youtube videos too its pretty tough to tell. I absolutely love the look of the Yoshi R11 carbon slip on but its almost the same price as the entire M4 exhaust lol. Canadians get screwed by our dollar. Might just do the decat for now and save up for a nice slip on down the road then.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I think the stock exhaust end can looks amazing, decatted and removed intake restriction, kn air filter, she growls

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've been looking at youtube videos too its pretty tough to tell. I absolutely love the look of the Yoshi R11 carbon slip on but its almost the same price as the entire M4 exhaust lol. Canadians get screwed by our dollar. Might just do the decat for now and save up for a nice slip on down the road then.
You're not wrong. I paid $100 for the decat pipe and $1000 for the Yoshi.
It also puts the sound further back as it exits towards the rear past the pillion pegs. If you want super loud go for something short. The M4 slip on is affordable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts