GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ordered the tailtidy on thursday and it arrived on sat morning, good looking bit of kit,neat and compact, which is what i wanted. Really simple to fit, just a bit of soldering and the addition of some flexible filler to fill the gap where the cables come into the rear of the bike. ( i used black liquid gasket which worked perfect ) What do you think ??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Lee,

You mentioned soldering ? I have just ordered one of these tail tidies but I thought it was just a straight swap ? What do I need to solder ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have some spare electrical plugs, so instead of splicing the wire onto the number plate light feed i just soldered a spare plug onto SP's plate light
wire and plugged into the bikes loom. Just a bit neater. Also, once it was all fitted I filled the whole where the 3 wires enter the bike with black silicone just to prevent any water ingress.
If I remember right, i think it was one of these. ( i've got a whole load of various ones off different bikes )

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately yes, thats the legally required size in the UK.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Reactions: Onenote

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With that angle we end up in jail :D
UK law states the plate angle can be anywhere between 90 ' vertical and 45' degrees, this just passes at 45 ' ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts