GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont want to jack anyones thread but has anybody here purchase or installed a speedo correction computer specifically built for the GSX that will work with the sensors that is plug and play.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I doubt if there's one built just for the GSX, that's would be a lot of R&D for a relatively minor benefit. Speedohealer works just fine, and it's pretty close to plug-n-play, the wires just splice in at the dash, and then you have to calibrate it. But that's not too difficult, the error is linear, so just find a speed sign with radar and you can work the calibration with a single point. I'm on mobile, so having trouble finding the thread, but I think I'd calculated it at like -6.7% on stock tires.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt if there's one built just for the GSX, that's would be a lot of R&D for a relatively minor benefit. Speedohealer works just fine, and it's pretty close to plug-n-play, the wires just splice in at the dash, and then you have to calibrate it. But that's not too difficult, the error is linear, so just find a speed sign with radar and you can work the calibration with a single point. I'm on mobile, so having trouble finding the thread, but I think I'd calculated it at like -6.7% on stock tires.
I appreciate the info. Does Healtech speedo healer now provide the necessary instruction for the GSX. I just want to make sure it will work in conjunction with the wheel sensors and that i don't want to be cutting and splicing wires rather i would just plug it in calibrate and go.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Here are the instructions Healtech emailed me:

install instructions for the GSX-S1000F:

We recommend to connect the SH wires at the dashboard connector:

1) Cut the Pink/White wire about 2" away from the dashboard plug.

2) Connect the SH White to the Pink/White wire end at the wiring harness side.

3) Connect the SH Green to the Pink/White wire end at the speedometer side.

4) Connect the SH Black wire to the Black/White.

5) Connect the SH Red wire the Red/White.

6) Perform the SH test procedure as per the SH-U01 install guide.
These instructions, however, do not connect the power to a switched source. This only impacts test mode, you'll have to unplug the unit and plug it back in rather than turn the key, everything else works fine, and there is no noticeable power drain.

You can find a switched source elsewhere on the forum, or using the FSM, I'm still on mobile though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Also, on the F you can actually just patch into the harness inside the right hand fairing, a lot less trouble than tearing apart the whole front end, only need to remove the black top panel. You'll see all the wires going up to the dash there, match colors on the dash side of the connecter.

Edit: that's right side as you're sitting on it, not looking at it head on

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the info. I like a clean install so I will most likely tap it somewhere on the harness side where its going to look like a factory install.

·
Registered
847 Posts
There have been several threads on this.

Using USS's wiring info above, I installed a SpeedoDRD from 12oclocklabs.com, model U1 and it works perfectly. Speedo is dead nuts accurate.

I have an F model and installed installed it under the right meter panel, using a switched hot wire that is connected to a 3-circuit fuse block from Eastern Beaver under the seat.

I installed that to connect a power cable from to GPS, power to front and rear LED running lights from Skene Design, a spare power outlet I installed in the left meter panel, a Cobra iRadar detector and anything else that decide to install. Much better than a bunch of sloppy wires all connected to the battery... but that's another topic.

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hey Stromer does it have an effect on the mpg and odometer reading as im guessing they would be out now?
The two are close now. Before the speedo read about 7.5% high while odo racked up an additional 2.4% of miles which I didn't like. Why it wasn't the same 7.5% as the speedo, I have no clue. If you are riding at XX mph for one minute it should rack up XX miles, or so you'd think.

Now speedo is spot on and odo is about 1.5% low. No biggie.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hey Stromer does it have an effect on the mpg and odometer reading as im guessing they would be out now?
The two are close now. Before the speedo read about 7.5% high while odo racked up an additional 2.4% of miles which I didn't like. Why it wasn't the same 7.5% as the speedo, I have no clue. If you are riding at XX mph for one minute it should rack up XX miles, or so you'd think.

Now speedo is spot on and odo is about 1.5% low. No biggie.
Thanks stromer
I'll get my fueling sorted out then the speedo is next on the list

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, I just installed the HealTech on my 2015 GSXS 750, simple todo, unplug the sensor pickup to the front sprocket , plug in the heal tech into it and then plug the stock connecter into the healtech, put the tank back down and put the one screw back into the side panel. Setup is about twenty seconds period. Simplest upgrade ever. Works awesome to, you can change out gearing and adjust in seconds. Love this product, can also push a handle bar mounted button which displays your top speed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry , never saw the last post, it corrects the factory offset at the same time as selecting your proper gearing. The corrected speed also corrects the mileage which would be off from the factory. I have checked and confirmed this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts