GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedo reads about 8% fast and it's annoying as ****, plus I am racking up a lot of extra miles that I have not actually ridden. I have a speedoDRD (by 12oclock labs) on my DL650 for the same reason and it works like a charm and considering one for the GSXS.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone used a speedo healer?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Are yo sure the speedo and odometer have the same error, the speedo error is deliberate.
I had a Kawasaki which speedo was out by 16% (!), the odo was fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes I had a speedohealer on my GSXR750 as I changed sprockets to -1 +2. Somewhere they recommended to add another 8% just to correct suzukis normal speedo error. On the GSXR forums they said that the error was mainly on the speedo and not on the odo.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Spot on with the error. Installed my GPS a few days ago and it reads 108 km/hr at the open road limit of 100 km/hr. That's pretty much the same as my old Street Triple. Now I know, I can mentally adjust. No plans to fit a speedo healer.

·
Registered
515 Posts
My speedo reads about 8% fast and it's annoying as ****, plus I am racking up a lot of extra miles that I have not actually ridden. I have a speedoDRD (by 12oclock labs) on my DL650 for the same reason and it works like a charm and considering one for the GSXS.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone used a speedo healer?
I have the same issue. It's BS with today's technology!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are yo sure the speedo and odometer have the same error, the speedo error is deliberate.
I had a Kawasaki which speedo was out by 16% (!), the odo was fine.
Odometer is about 4.5% high. Every hundred miles I ride, tripmeter shows 104.5, every ten, 10.4.

I have the same issue. It's BS with today's technology!
Yea, no excuse for it really. It's so easy to make an accurate speedometer. Even my junky Harley Road King's speedo was dead on. I've heard some mention the liability theory but I fail to see the liability in an accurate speed reading.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,884 Posts
I believe manufacturers have to make speedos over read by law and it's around 4% minimum.

·
Registered
334 Posts
At the speed I rode to work this morning (on my first full day of ownership), I can honestly say that the only difference that 8% is going to make to me is how hard the judge throws the book... :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't believe this board bleeped out the four letter word for Hades in my original post.

What is this, the Good Ship Lollypop? Lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
At 70mph on speedo the GPS reads 65....kinda stinks....talked to a few company's but they need wiring blueprint due to fact sensor not on sprocket cover and its controlled threw the ABS..Was told i had to get a universal kit ..

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm really not getting the hate towards overeading speedos, I'm all for it because that over read will save me 60 quid if I went past a camera at 65/75
I know there is an argument for sticking to speed limits and I do respect 30 and 40 limits but on a quiet country road or dual carriageway every biker has sped.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm with ackack, when keeping to posted limits it makes no difference to me if I'm going a few mph under. In the nationals I'll make progress at an appropriate speed for the conditions without too much regard for what the speedo is telling me.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have enough self control to use an accurate speedo and don't need it to compensate for me. Ultimately, I can't understand those that need an instrument to lie to them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
shouldn't this be considered a factory malfunction that Suzuki needs to fix ?
I am sorry I do not have very good law knowledge but I know when I bought my gsxs1000 that I want a speedometer that reads my actual speed and an odo that tells me exactly how many miles or kilos did I ride .....
if the speedometer is over reading and I am trying to go by minimum speed allowed and got a ticket I should be able to sue Suzuki .

·
Registered
515 Posts
shouldn't this be considered a factory malfunction that Suzuki needs to fix ?
I am sorry I do not have very good law knowledge but I know when I bought my gsxs1000 that I want a speedometer that reads my actual speed and an odo that tells me exactly how many miles or kilos did I ride .....
if the speedometer is over reading and I am trying to go by minimum speed allowed and got a ticket I should be able to sue Suzuki .
Good luck getting Suzuki to help you. They are not exactly customer focused.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
All manufacturers do it.
My honda bike does, my ford car does. It just a case of by how much. In the UK police have to give you 7% allowance (they normally work on ten) before they can issue a ticket. That way no one gets to sue anyone as it's already taken into consideration.

Before we all had sat navs or GPS's we just didn't know how inaccurate our speedo's were so there wasn't an issue:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's annoying to me. I like to receive accurate information. I will be the one to decide at what speed I will ride, I do not want or need a machine to give me false information to try and trick me into going slower.

Reactions: Stromer
1 - 20 of 31 Posts