GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t ride in the rain unless I get caught in it, so not looking great wet traction. However I want better mileage than a tire sport tire. What is the sportiest sport touring tire you can get?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same as above for me regarding the rain. I currently have Pilot Road 5's and they seem pretty good but I have been looking around for something like you're looking for and the Dunlop Q3's look interesting. Don't know how long they last though. Possibly got some comments out there regarding the longevity.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm debating between the Pirelli Angel GT2 (sport touring) and the Pirelli Diablo Rosso III (sport) for my next set of rubber.

Greater longevity vs more grip. The truth is, I probably don't ride aggressively enough to notice a difference.

But to answer your question, the GT2 might be what you're after. By all accounts, an excellent tire with good grip in all conditions.

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just back from my first proper ride on new Angel GTs (not GT2s) and really pleased with them.
Scottish back roads are pretty bumpy and abrasive (lots of tar and chip surface dressings) and only managed about 2500 miles on the OEM Dunlop’s, so was attracted by lots of reviews on the longevity of the Angels and good riding characteristics.
Feel good to me so far (though I am not a knee down kinda rider) 👍

·
Registered
290 Posts
Another vote for the Angel GT's. I was a Q3 fanboy for many years, most recently running the Q3+. I was disappointed with the latter - the harder compound they run in the center didn't add any mileage and was slick when cold, or hard on the throttle. The old Q3's were a great trackday tire but, on the street, they'd be shot at ~3000 miles.

I mostly sport-tour now, with the odd trackday, and I've switched to the Angel GT (not the 2's). I got 4500 miles on the last set with no flat spot. Ran 'em ragged in the twisties with no loss of confidence. Very good in the rain but I can't compare to the Road 5's. For the price it's the holy grail of sport/sport-touring tires (so far).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What windscreen is that? Do you have any other photos. I have the black as well and looking for a new windscreen that looks good and better wind protection.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What windscreen is that? Do you have any other photos. I have the black as well and looking for a new windscreen that looks good and better wind protection.
The powerbronze airflow. I almost went for a givi touring screen but decided on this. Better than stock for protection and helps to keep the looks of the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts