GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all

Did anyone go up a tooth in their front sprocket size? My dealer is having a hard time finding a bigger front sprocket for some reason....cheers
I went 18 front and 43 rear (42 wasn't available) and rpm's went down about 500 so 70mph is about 4400rpm instead of 4900. That vibration zone is higher up so you don't hit it as often when cruising.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been using 18 front and 42 rear. Vortex has both. The front is part # 2910-18. I've tried 44,43, and 41 on the rear but 18/42 is the best as far as I'm concerned. About 3700 rpm's at 60 and still plenty of power to pass anything in 6th. Good luck!
Thanks! Please remind me what our stock sizes are? Thanks again

·
Registered
203 Posts
Stock sizes are 17/44. The Vortex part # for the 42 is 435CS-42. It also comes in black. If my math is correct the difference in the two sprocket configurations is about 10% taller than the stock holligan gearing. BTW: I have a 2017 1000F.

·
Registered
'16 Suzuki GSX-S1000F, '17 BMW R1200RT, '18 Honda Africa Twin AS DCT
43 Posts
I've got a 2016 F model and also went with 18/42. Super smooth at 75 mph (80 mph indicated). Also, average gas mileage increased to the low 50's. I've been thinking about moving up to the GT+ and this is the first change I'd make.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Company called HealTech makes units that attach to your wiring harness or plug in from your gearbox to wiring connector depending on wether you have an ABS or non ABS bike. There also is another company making such a unit but I can't remember the name. I've used the healtech unit before and had good success with it. If you have an ABS bike you will need to do some cutting and soldering but the directions are very good and it's pretty easy to do. After you get it installed you can dial in the negative or positive amount your speedo is off to compensate for the difference. It's a great little unit for around $110. I like my speedo accurate so it works for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts