GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I notice few have a fitment for the non abs gsxs-1000...faired, or naked.

I happened upon a situation where I needed the line set for this bike. My ninja 1000 is running suzuki gsxr 1000 brembo brakes and a master cylinder very similar to what you use. The set for your bike would have been perfect.

I did not want to get into fully custom lines. Its hard to choose the proper fittings, and get them angles correctly. I thought I was screwed until I talked with Core Moto.

Core moto makes a set of lines for the 2015 gsxr 1000. Perfect, except those are too short. Then I noticed their drop down box has an option for length. You can choose standard, plus 2, plus 4..whatever you want.

So, I took a length of clear, vinyl tubing and cut it 36 inches long. I used this tubing to simulate the proper length. In my case, I needed a line 32 inches long, for the left side, 33 for the right. I recommend the vinyl tubing as it acts more like a brake line as opposed to a piece of string.

I placed my order. I added the set of lines to fit the gsxr 1000, 2012 -2015. In the note section I told them what length to cut to. I measured from the end of the fitting to the end of the fitting so as to avoid confusion.

I ordered on tuesday, and by friday, my lines were here.

Perfect fit, and amazing quality. I paid full price (115.00), so this is no compensated post. Their service is amazing, and so is the quality, Theres no need to wait if you are after a set.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hel are now doing a full kit too not for non abs though

·
Registered
40 Posts
Guys, I notice few have a fitment for the non abs gsxs-1000...faired, or naked.

I happened upon a situation where I needed the line set for this bike. My ninja 1000 is running suzuki gsxr 1000 brembo brakes and a master cylinder very similar to what you use. The set for your bike would have been perfect.

I did not want to get into fully custom lines. Its hard to choose the proper fittings, and get them angles correctly. I thought I was screwed until I talked with Core Moto.

Core moto makes a set of lines for the 2015 gsxr 1000. Perfect, except those are too short. Then I noticed their drop down box has an option for length. You can choose standard, plus 2, plus 4..whatever you want.

So, I took a length of clear, vinyl tubing and cut it 36 inches long. I used this tubing to simulate the proper length. In my case, I needed a line 32 inches long, for the left side, 33 for the right. I recommend the vinyl tubing as it acts more like a brake line as opposed to a piece of string.

I placed my order. I added the set of lines to fit the gsxr 1000, 2012 -2015. In the note section I told them what length to cut to. I measured from the end of the fitting to the end of the fitting so as to avoid confusion.

I ordered on tuesday, and by friday, my lines were here.

Perfect fit, and amazing quality. I paid full price (115.00), so this is no compensated post. Their service is amazing, and so is the quality, Theres no need to wait if you are after a set.
That's interesting to know, don't forget to come back and tell us if it's made a noticeable difference in the braking. :nerd:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No, I needed lines. Theres never much of a difference in stainless lines. We have lousy pads to begin with, not a line issue. When new, the rubber works just as well. Five years from now? Maybe....

If you upgrade to the Vesrah brake pads, the performance is amazing. Like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vesrah-RJL-Race-Brake-Pads-VD-9031RJL-2-SETS-BOTH-CALIPERS-675R-GSX-R-RSV4-RC8-/161729442007?hash=item25a7d370d7:g:rRIAAOxy5QtSAn55&vxp=mtr

BUT, when you have nothing running to the calipers, these make a major difference!

With that being said, the Core Lines are the best I've worked with.

Oddly enough, landy10, the HEl UK distributor has a lien set, but not the usa division. Must be two separate companies?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the uk distributor has them, but the USA distributor of HEl does not have the spec. I thought about doing it this way, but the shipping cost was high, and transit time was long. I had the custom lines in three days.

Now, one might assume the US guy would call the UK guy and get the info, but no offer was made to do this....??????

Truthfully, this measure yourself is awesome, and there was no extra charge.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No, I can't afford it for quite a while so I didn't remember the link. I searched for gsx-s1000 brakes and saw them as I scrolled by. Dreaming is still Free though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No but i tried to find out using the workshop manual. It involved removing the tank and before that the plastics. The abs unit is located somewhere under the rear part of the tank and the lines are routed on the inside of the frame.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys, if its like other abs motorcycles, many of the lines are already high quality, braided units. My concours 14 has some rubber portions, going to the wheels, but the key components are already very high quality.

For the money, and hassle....? Maybe in ten years, but for now....no thanks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Replaced oem with braided few days ago , bit of work (1-1/2 hour)
Lever lost bit of "sponginess" , still waiting new pads aswel

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Guys, if its like other abs motorcycles, many of the lines are already high quality, braided units. My concours 14 has some rubber portions, going to the wheels, but the key components are already very high quality.

For the money, and hassle....? Maybe in ten years, but for now....no thanks.
10 years?! Manual says replace the lines every 4 years...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts