GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options . Are arrow any good ? . there are cheap ones like black widow for 399 pounds sterling . I know yoshimura do them but very expensive . just wanted to know anyone's experience in them . Thanks for any help . just bought an R11 carbon yoshimura slip on. So be nice to complimentary at sometime .

·
Registered
506 Posts
What are my options . Are arrow any good ? . there are cheap ones like black widow for 399 pounds sterling . I know yoshimura do them but very expensive . just wanted to know anyone's experience in them . Thanks for any help . just bought an R11 carbon yoshimura slip on. So be nice to complimentary at sometime .
The arrows are popular. All would do well when paired with a good tune. The dominator decat link pipe is also great value for money if you wanted to keep the original headers.

Where did you find the r11 slip on? I'm still looking for one of those.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate . If you go on yoshimura website they have them .my local Suzuki dealer got it for me . It's the R 11 black magic one I got. I pick it up tonight I'll post a picture ok . cheers

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes mine is all carbon ,and im not sure if you can remove the the internals , iv not really looked at it properly as I'll fit it at weekend . I'll let you know ok .

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes mine is all carbon ,and im not sure if you can remove the the internals , iv not really looked at it properly as I'll fit it at weekend . I'll let you know ok .
Yes you can remove the baffle theres a rubber bung over a small grub screw, remove the bung then the screw and use long nosed pliers and slowly coaxe the baffle out i did it on my R11 can....i have yoshi headers on mine...no they not cheap....i have the metal magic r11...dealer put it on in the deal...would of preferred the black magic with it being the phantom

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm definitely getting the yoshimura headers now sorted them out , I'll get them in about 3 weeks so looking forward to it all coming together .be getting it reflashed after that . It's all fun and money haha .

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gixxer Lee that's really nice bike man , iv got the phantom too as you probably have seen in my profile picture . Great to hear iv made the right choice as I was thinking off the M4 headers too .I'll stick to the yoshimura now . Cheers mate . Did you get yours reflashed too or pcv and mapped ?.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gixxer Lee that's really nice bike man , iv got the phantom too as you probably have seen in my profile picture . Great to hear iv made the right choice as I was thinking off the M4 headers too .I'll stick to the yoshimura now . Cheers mate . Did you get yours reflashed too or pcv and mapped ?.
Didnt get a pcv (guessing thats power commander?) Just got it mapped i was advised by the guy who dynoed it that it wasnt necessary....got.it back and it was making 156bhp at the back wheel!!...thung was pulling my arms off under hard acceleration...totally different bike..

Yeah i love the phantom...other mods underway on it too....

·
Registered
486 Posts
Does the R11 come with a mounting bracket? I don't want to have to put my passenger pegs back on. If it does and you guys didn't use it i'd like to buy the bracket from one of you. It will probably work for other slip-on's I am considering.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes it comes with a mounting bracket , definitely as mine was not in the box 😒 so I'm waiting for it to arrive . Plus I'm taking off the rear foot pegs .so you don't need to buy one .

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does the R11 come with a mounting bracket? I don't want to have to put my passenger pegs back on. If it does and you guys didn't use it i'd like to buy the bracket from one of you. It will probably work for other slip-on's I am considering.
I dont think it does come with bracket...shop fitted mine and i got everything that was with it but no bracket...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gixxer Lee , to be honest I did say below that it does but when I got mine from the dealer and went home there was none in the box ,I just assumed they forgot to put it in as the springs and bolts where not there too. I called the dealer and he said **** they must have been in the box I'll have a look for them . Surely they wouldn't sell a slip on for £700 and leave out a bracket . Well I'll not be paying for mine I'll asure you ,I'll play dumb to my dealer he seems to think it should have been there too . I'll find out on Monday and let use know how I get on as waiting for the headers to come too now .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts