GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody found a decent steering damper yet?

The only 2 I have found...Toby 600.00 (way too much) and the Dimotiv for 275.00 and it doesn't include the dampener, just the brackets and blots only.

The Dimotiv has brackets hooked up to gas cap collar....not sure I like the looks of all that hardware sitting on the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anybody found a decent steering damper yet?

The only 2 I have found...Toby 600.00 (way too much) and the Dimotiv for 275.00 and it doesn't include the dampener, just the brackets and blots only.

The Dimotiv has brackets hooked up to gas cap collar....not sure I like the looks of all that hardware sitting on the tank.
There was a thread (see below) about another product that required a minor mod to work with the bike. I believe there was a youtube vid as well for installing it.

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-1000-appearance-modifications/29490-maxracing-steering-damper-kit.html

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...I'll ck out that rotor dampener.

The reason I want one is when I was riding last week and the bike lifted on me in 2nd and when I set it down the bars were a little off center and they snatched back and forth a little.

I have since put the 46 tooth on the back so I'm sure the front tire will be off the ground even more now.

Also... hitting a pot hole or something at high speeds can set off a chain reaction regardless off how stabile the front end is...."Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"

·
Registered
320 Posts
Were you looking to answer his question or did you just "feel the need" to say something irrelevant?
Jeez, lighten up, dude. Or did you just "feel the need" to provoke an argument?

I posted my reply to let the OP know that IMO the S1000 doesn't need a damper -- I was merely making the statement in a light-hearted (i.e., self-deprecating) tone. The same sentiment (no need for a damper) has been expressed by others in this forum - do the search yourself, if you're so inclined.

·
Registered
220 Posts
never quite understood them myself, are they for when you the bike weaves or wobbles whilst two wheels on the ground, if so then I always think there is a serious handling issue being hidden, they were necessary with old jap bikes z's cbx's scary **** kh's even gs1000's or Italian exotica like jota's but there was nothing else you could do, crap tyres, frames, shocks and just about everything, think they be just be a fashion retro thing like when peeps put sweat bands on there brake reservoirs
as for when ur wheel is front wheel is in the air, just hold on and enjoy it, if u can't buy a bullworker, another great 70's fashion tool
there is no way they are going to help you with pot holes, u hit a big one at speed, hold on and pray then complain to ur local highways dept, if u r still here

·
Registered
180 Posts
K Tech make a Steering Damper kit for our bikes, naked or faired, around £380.00 here in the UK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts