GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A safety net never hurt, that being said are there any affordable Steering damper mounts for a 2016 1000? I've heard of toby and max racing, but I'm more so trying to find just the mount because I have a quality damper.
I've tried the gas tank setup from aliexpress and it was horrible haha.

·
Registered
197 Posts
A safety net never hurt, that being said are there any affordable Steering damper mounts for a 2016 1000? I've heard of toby and max racing, but I'm more so trying to find just the mount because I have a quality damper.
I've tried the gas tank setup from aliexpress and it was horrible haha.
I know a lot of stuff that comes out of China is crap and I don't have a lot of faith in Alixpress. All the best with your search, I hope someone here can steer you in the right direction. Excuse the pun lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Manufacturers on Aliexpress may not be good at designing original solutions but they are really good at making clones once they have stolen the IP.
It's upto you if you want to buy stuff from original suppliers that manufacture in china as well or get these clones.

FXCNC from Aliexpress gives you a fuel-tank based mount and a couple of damper options.

Fuel-tank mount is a clone of Dimotiv : http://www.dmv.com.tw/html/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=DI-DMK-SU-08-M
Damper from kit B is HyperPro clone: Steering dampers - Hyperpro
Damper from kit A is Matris clone: SDR - Matris Dampers

I have personally used these and the quality is basically the same as original supplier.
The tank mount fit fine for me
The fluid and piston seal quality might be inferior but it gets the job done.
It can be rebuilt pretty easily with quality seals later.
You can get the mount + Damper for 1/5th the price of original suppliers.

Other than this tank mount, I guess Toby is the only other option left. Bitubo/Hyperpro/Matris/Ohlins don't make a mount for GSXS1000
On rotary dampers side, maxracing makes a universal kit (which a few forum members installed). GPR/Scotts don't make a mount for GSXS1000

1 - 3 of 3 Posts