GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've done all the Google searching I can and it doesn't look like anyone makes one yet in the States. Anyone in Europe make one?

Update - never mind. I finally found on here some posts that made me realize that one is not needed for this bike. That's good, I'd hate to have wasted the money.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've done all the Google searching I can and it doesn't look like anyone makes one yet in the States. Anyone in Europe make one?

Update - never mind. I finally found on here some posts that made me realize that one is not needed for this bike. That's good, I'd hate to have wasted the money.

Hold on just a second. This is one of the most misunderstood parts sold for your bike. You are right, you do not NEED one. Most bikes that really need them will come with a basic one from the factory.

With that out of the way, beg, borrow, steal or kill to get an aftermarket one. The aftermarket dampers are incredible. The feel had to be tried to be believed.

You get on a chopped up, old nasty road. A few clicks on the damper and your bike feel like a goldwing. Its as if you bike is glued to the road and is one of the nicest, most restful things you'll ever add to your machine.

You dont need one, you just dont know you wanted one until you try. Within the first mile, you'll wonder why you did not do it sooner. I have a Scotts, but they are all very good.

Its not the same as having your suspension set properly. You do that too, but not in place of.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
True, being an American means we buy things because we WANT them, not necessarily NEED them. Where did you buy yours? Was it made to fit your bike? I'd like to see how it mounts.

Update: I just went to Scott's website and they don't have the GSXS listed

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine was a strange deal. I had to have the mount custom made, imported from Taiwan. The guy did an incredible job.

It looks just like this. I'm not near my bike right now.

http://images0.revzilla.com/product...mpers_suzuki_gsxr600_gsxr75020112013_zoom.jpg

Its an incredible device, and I'll keep it for my next bike. I bought a used one and it cost less than my mount did.

Id keep it on the wants list. I'll bet they end up making amount for yours.

Once you have one, the line between need and want changes. You can help but feel all bikes you've ever owned need them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm waiting for a mounting kit for a traditional damper but I didn't find it...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Bike is so new, but Id expect you'll get one.

If you showed up at a rally of 100 bikes and had a demo set up, with damper, I'll bet you'd sell 90 kits to the 100 riders.

The remaining 10 would want one, but would be the types who run tires to the threads before changing.

Aftermarket dampers have a massive adjustment range. Usually all the way off to VERY, VERY stiff. I find myself never running with it all the way off.

Especially noticeable on a freeway that has grooves in the concrete. Add a click , or two and the grooves are gone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I gotta agree, once i fitted an Ohlins damper on my first gen Z1000, it became a different ride, and could easily adapt to changing conditions. Any bike with a short wheelbase and this kind of power, where the front wheel gets light very easily, could benefit from a damper.

If no one comes up with one in a few months, il see about fabricating a bracket for us and see how it works to replicate if others are interested.

·
Registered
451 Posts
With your bikes being so similar to the gsxr, I'll bet somethings out there now?

I can take an old choppy, two lane highway here and really enjoy myself on it, with damper. It is a feeling like you click the button and a goldwing appears under you. At the same time, its not as if you have to back the damper off for turns, either.

Sadly, the cost of these had kept most from trying one. If you try one, you wont be with out ever again.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Having had an electronic one on my fireblade and standard one on my Tuono v4, I can certainly notice the lack of one on the GSX-s. Somthing which is on my mod list.

Reactions: Onenote
1 - 9 of 9 Posts