GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help me im looking for best steering damper for 1000 f 2020 plate struggling to find one only gsxr showing thanks

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Here

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi can anyone help me im looking for best steering damper for 1000 f 2020 plate struggling to find one only gsxr showing thanks
Ohlins do one for the GSXS i saw on the gsxs uk facebook page the other day that someone had posted pics of the fitment and it lookd very neat

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ohlins do one for the GSXS i saw on the gsxs uk facebook page the other day that someone had posted pics of the fitment and it lookd very neat
Ohlins doesnt make one , its a japanese company that makes a mount(bracket) that uses an Ohlins steering damper .the mount is 300 bucks, i will see if i can find the link .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two wheels in bridgend as found me one il find out what make it is expensive mind 470 with bracket

·
Registered
4 Posts
After umming and ahhing I bought a maxracing steering damper from Brazil.
It's been on for two months now, with no issues. Quality looks on par with the GPR V4 I had on a previous bike, except it leaks less oil than the GPR.

I know people on here criticize steering dampers a bit (the bike doesn't need one etc etc) but I've found it invaluable where I ride- the wind here (Wellington, New Zealand) regularly gusts over 100kph, often in several directions in one day, and some of the roads are in a disgraceful state. The damper helps keep the bike going where I want it to!

·
Registered
65 Posts
After umming and ahhing I bought a maxracing steering damper from Brazil.
It's been on for two months now, with no issues. Quality looks on par with the GPR V4 I had on a previous bike, except it leaks less oil than the GPR.

I know people on here criticize steering dampers a bit (the bike doesn't need one etc etc) but I've found it invaluable where I ride- the wind here (Wellington, New Zealand) regularly gusts over 100kph, often in several directions in one day, and some of the roads are in a disgraceful state. The damper helps keep the bike going where I want it to!
more or less why i want one. NY and NYC have some poor roads , and some road they go cheap and run tar snakes to fill in the cracks , anyone who know what tar snakes are , when the road gets hot , tar snakes have a weird effect on the tires .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts