GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken the traction control sticky button apart ? If so how do you do it ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unfortunately the service manual simply shows how to remove the whole unit from the handlebars (like we didn't know what those two small bolts were for). My guess is that you'll have to gently pry the rocker off the main body and that there are probably tabs that clip into pressure-sensitive switches.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Unfortunately the service manual simply shows how to remove the whole unit from the handlebars (like we didn't know what those two small bolts were for). My guess is that you'll have to gently pry the rocker off the main body and that there are probably tabs that clip into pressure-sensitive switches.

....... and springs and things that go everywhere when you open it! LOL!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nah....my guess (and it's only a guess) is that it's very similar to a laptop keyboard with a set of scissors over each switch.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly what I was thinking . If I prize it off it may keep springing off when I'm trying to use it . Some people on the forum have said they have done it, I'm hoping they will explain how ? Otherwise ,Its a visit to suzuki .....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I may have solved the problem! Only time will tell..... it's working fine now.

I managed to prize of the rocker switch off and that allows you to get to the sector switch. Thanks to ackack and his red rubber grease suggestion, I have packed it full of the grease and worked it till it freed itself . Put the rocker back on and it seems to be fine and it is packed full of grease still under the rocker and around the sector switch so I'm hoping it won't be a problem anymore ....

·
Registered
647 Posts
Good to hear the grease worked for you.
Next time you take the fairings off put grease on every lug, bush and anything rubber and the fairings come off so easily next time.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Can't remember seeing anyone who has has it replaced under warranty yet though, just lubed which I would rather do myself. I have some of ackack's now famous red rubber grease on the way which I'll use unless I know the dealer will replace the switch.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I think you are better off either relubing it yourself or having it re lubed at the garage under warranty.
I think it's the original Suzi grease which is too thick or goes too thick when it's cold or a bit older. I've had mine stripped, cleaned and regreased and not had a problem with it since. If it had been replaced the problem may well come straight back if they are using the same batch of grease in the replacement switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts