GSXS 1000 Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
great another thing to worry about....i move mine around a bunch of times the first year ...now ill have to check....but then again i dont wash bike with water that often....first thing ill check in morning...keep bike at work during winter

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Mines been OK since I sprayed it with Castrol Chain Wax about a month ago.
Funnily enough since this post in Jan 2016 mine had been OK until a few weeks ago when it stopped working again. This time it felt like it was clogged up, no positive feel when pressing up/down. A quick squirt of WD40 and all was OK with a nice little click when pressing.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I havnt had an issue with the select switch, but today I noticed my indicator switch is not working correctly....when I try to cancel it feels like the spring is not as strong and doesn't return fully.
My bike has 1400miles and I've only washed it once, it's never got wet otherwise, I'd be surprised if it's corroded in any way!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I havnt had an issue with the select switch, but today I noticed my indicator switch is not working correctly....when I try to cancel it feels like the spring is not as strong and doesn't return fully.
My bike has 1400miles and I've only washed it once, it's never got wet otherwise, I'd be surprised if it's corroded in any way!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
spray lube the **** out of it...interested in results...WD always fixed any problems i had with anything

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Over winter my switch stuck, now its warmed up switch is free and moving, mmm! Suzuki switch lube don't like the cold either. :D:D

Yep!
I think it’s their lube too.
Had the same problem with the ignition switch the first cold damp day I took the bike out. Put the key in but it wouldn’t turn. After about ten minutes the heat from the engine permeated up through and the key turned. Went home, gave it a liberal dose of WD and I’ve never had a problem since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Over winter my switch stuck, now its warmed up switch is free and moving, mmm! Suzuki switch lube don't like the cold either. :D:D
My BMW always used to have a mode switch that would stick each spring. Once it hit 60 degrees, the issue went away. And here I thought I wouldn't have to worry about that anymore, lol.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts