GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yosh license plate bracket,suzuki windscreen,rearsets,radiator,fork tubes done,new m4 full system pcv AT set removal,some small pieces and looking into better brakes..

·
Registered
189 Posts
yosh license plate bracket,suzuki windscreen,rearsets,radiator,fork tubes done,new m4 full system pcv AT set removal,some small pieces and looking into better brakes..
Tell us about the M4 installation. Did it fit up properly or were there some issues to deal with. On another thread, it was said that the rear shock had to be removed. Is that correct and if so, why? I'm considering an M4 system and would like to learn as much about the install as possible. I will also want to hear what you think about the "autotune" once you get it all back together and on the road.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There where no issues with the M4 install...However i had my forks,radiator all removed which made it a breeze..I will say if you are careful you can unbolt the radiator and pull it forward and have room to do the job if your careful..I have the ABS version and yes its a trick removing the set valve motor..i didn't remove shock but there is a system to getting it out..i highly recommend buying the servo bypass cause putting it back in would suck.it will come out though but you must be patient .Right now the weather here stinks and its cold raining or snowing so i been working on it here and there.So far im happy with how its turning out.If you like i could write a procedure on how to get set motor out.

·
Registered
515 Posts
There where no issues with the M4 install...However i had my forks,radiator all removed which made it a breeze..I will say if you are careful you can unbolt the radiator and pull it forward and have room to do the job if your careful..I have the ABS version and yes its a trick removing the set valve motor..i didn't remove shock but there is a system to getting it out..i highly recommend buying the servo bypass cause putting it back in would suck.it will come out though but you must be patient .Right now the weather here stinks and its cold raining or snowing so i been working on it here and there.So far im happy with how its turning out.If you like i could write a procedure on how to get set motor out.
SET motor removal! YES, Please on the procedure!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts