GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always freely and willingly shared my knowledge of part numbers and sprocket change experiences on this site, however in response to some members having changed rear shocks I enquired as to the lenth of the original one. Disapointedley dispite making this request more than once no one has bothered to afford me this detail.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have always freely and willingly shared my knowledge of part numbers and sprocket change experiences on this site, however in response to some members having changed rear shocks I enquired as to the lenth of the original one. Disapointedley dispite making this request more than once no one has bothered to afford me this detail.
Just e-mailed KYB direct will keep you updated if they reply

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,609 Posts
Just been and had a look at mine and don't see how to measure it without taking it off, Not even for a rough estimate.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Titters ! I replied to your request the other day , please look. I have changed my rear shock so I measured the distance between the bolt holes the best I could . It measures 129mm as best I can measure. What is your plot with shock ? I have commented on it in various places ....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If I must blame anything for my inproper spelling it will have to be my keyboard finger!
Don't appear to always see everyones replies but its prob down to my lack of computer skills and dodgy eyesight?
Bought a Z10 rrear shock and will have to go and measure it now to determine if I have wasted my cash?
Some members of this forum have alrady changed the shock and It is they whom I would have expected to provide the details of shock length!

·
Registered
108 Posts
If your z10 shock gas the gas tube attached it won't fit as the rear sub frame is in the way. The only current shocks that will fit are the single emulsion tube type that look like the ones that are fitted as oem, or the shocks with remote preload where they can be fitted to the frame...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its attached to the shocker but instead of sticking out it sticks down parallel to damper body and at its side. Looks like it stands a chance of fitting?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't think it will fit , but give it a go it mite fit if it goes through the swing arm ? I think i have uploaded some pictures of a shock with remote preload adjuster for reference .

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't think it will fit , but give it a go it mite fit if it goes through the swing arm ? I think i have uploaded some pictures of a shock with remote preload adjuster for reference .
Beaky, could you supply technical data, manufacturer, model etc.
and the spring rate?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry manni , I can only measure the standard shock eye to eye length.
The shock in the pictures is made by nitron and is sprung to your weight when you buy.
I have bought the ntr1 sport shock without the remote compression and preload.
It is fantastic compared to the standard shock.
I have put the prices on a post somewhere also they have there own website to view .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts