GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to take long trips to see family but would like to bring a passenger, tail bag obviously wouldnt work, so i was thinking saddle bags. Problem is that all the ones ive found say they dont fit the gsxs1000

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love how the parts that the sw-motech website says fit, the american ebsite that sells the same parts say they dont fit the bike

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank man, hopefully they ship to the US lol
I think you'll run into an issue having them ship to the US since they have a distributor here (tried already).

Twisted Throttle is their US distributor. I called a few days ago about the Blaze system and they have the part number in their system but don't have it for sale yet. Probably trying to get their pricing figured out. Should be another week or two according to the guy I spoke to there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
try the hepco and becker site,ive fitted them to mine c-bow frames and royster side bags c-frames are very easy to fit.various side bags can also be used on the same c-bow frams

·
Registered
19 Posts
Note the bag in the pictures can also be turned around and put on the back of the rack, so it faces back rather than forward and leaves space for pillion. You can also zip two bags together back to back. Great stuff

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank man, hopefully they ship to the US lol
I think you'll run into an issue having them ship to the US since they have a distributor here (tried already).

Twisted Throttle is their US distributor. I called a few days ago about the Blaze system and they have the part number in their system but don't have it for sale yet. Probably trying to get their pricing figured out. Should be another week or two according to the guy I spoke to there.
Well, I figured it was time for an update....Even though it's still not on their website, Twisted Throttle actually had a single Blaze kit for the GSX-S1000/F in stock. They shipped it out 2-day and unfortunately I can't use them.

Basically, if you're using a tail tidy/fender eliminator this system likely isn't for you. I've got a Yoshimura piece and my turn signals now are now about 1/4" from the end of the mounting rod. No amount of reorienting the turn sigals (which are much smaller-than-stock Rizomas) could resolve the situation.

Oh well...looks like I'm putting them up for sale.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looking to take long trips to see family but would like to bring a passenger,
Do you have a very forgiving passenger in mind, Captain Robb? ;)

My wife took one look at that seat and refused to even sit on it (which suits me just fine :D). I think it would be pretty uncomfortable, not to mention precarious above a pretty modest distance.

Because I don't need to worry about a passenger, I've just used Oxford 1 throwover bags for those occasions when I need a bit more than a bum bag or backpack. They keep the centre of gravity low too.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've got SW motech Blaze panniers and they fit fine on mine with a tail tidy

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've got SW motech Blaze panniers and they fit fine on mine with a tail tidy
So I got past my frustration from yesterday and after a few moments of thought.....Simply swapping the left- & right-side male connectors/rods gives me just enough clearance to mount the bags w/out bending the crap out of my Rizoma Action signals.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, could you tell me what tail tidy you have? Thinking of getting the sw motech panniers so want to check my tail tidy will work with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi, could you tell me what tail tidy you have? Thinking of getting the sw motech panniers so want to check my tail tidy will work with it.
I'm using a Yoshimura. I think the real issue is that the signals are now a good number of inches back from the rear edge of the bags, which means you really need to be directly behind the bike to see them when lit.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've got a R&G tidy and mine fit ok, think you will have the turn signals set further back whatever tail tidy you use

1 - 18 of 18 Posts