GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GSX S1000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2016 GSX S1000 that I bought a couple weeks ago. I am going to go through some modifications to make my bike setup for stunt riding. I will mainly work on new tricks on the Grom and use this bike for tricks I am already comfortable with. I have looked all over and it seems that stunt parts are hard to find for this bike. I am going to make a plan and hopefully execute it over next winter. Here are the mods that I am looking into so far.

Tentative setup:
  • RSC clutch lever - I prefer the 1 finger, but might get the 2 finger for this bike
  • Brembo RCS master - not sure which model yet
  • Axle sliders - so far going with Crazy Iron: Search Results for “gsx s1000” – CrazyIron.lv
  • Crash cage - same deal Crazy Iron
  • Sub cage - Crazy Iron, but they don't have this one out yet
  • Custom light shut off switches hidden on bike - I like this for parking lot riding at night so you're not flashing your lights everywhere
  • Under body light kit
  • Custom Wheelie light
  • Dual rear caliper bracket - This one is going to be tough to find I may need to engineer this myself. Looks like our swing arms are the same as GSXR 1000s
  • Dual rear calipers - Need to figure out bracket first or at same time
  • Steel braided brake lines front, rear, and rear handbrake
  • Protaper Pastrana FMX bend bars - A little bit wider and higher, I love the profile of these bars
  • Low profile front blinkers - cleans up the look
  • Integrated rear blinkers - also cleans up the look

With all of this being said has anyone on here built their GSX S1000 for stunt riding, if so what is your setup like. I am not stuck on anything in my list, only reason really going with Crazy Iron is because they are the only company I have found so far that make stunt parts for our bikes. The dual rear caliper bracket is going to be the tough one to find. I may try creating one with a 3D printer and then find a company to copy my design to aluminum.

This will be a slow thread but it will track my plan and execution with plenty of photos.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I own a 2016 GSX S1000 that I bought a couple weeks ago. I am going to go through some modifications to make my bike setup for stunt riding. I will mainly work on new tricks on the Grom and use this bike for tricks I am already comfortable with. I have looked all over and it seems that stunt parts are hard to find for this bike. I am going to make a plan and hopefully execute it over next winter. Here are the mods that I am looking into so far.

Tentative setup:
  • RSC clutch lever - I prefer the 1 finger, but might get the 2 finger for this bike
  • Brembo RCS master - not sure which model yet
  • Axle sliders - so far going with Crazy Iron: Search Results for “gsx s1000” – CrazyIron.lv
  • Crash cage - same deal Crazy Iron
  • Sub cage - Crazy Iron, but they don't have this one out yet
  • Custom light shut off switches hidden on bike - I like this for parking lot riding at night so you're not flashing your lights everywhere
  • Under body light kit
  • Custom Wheelie light
  • Dual rear caliper bracket - This one is going to be tough to find I may need to engineer this myself. Looks like our swing arms are the same as GSXR 1000s
  • Dual rear calipers - Need to figure out bracket first or at same time
  • Steel braided brake lines front, rear, and rear handbrake
  • Protaper Pastrana FMX bend bars - A little bit wider and higher, I love the profile of these bars
  • Low profile front blinkers - cleans up the look
  • Integrated rear blinkers - also cleans up the look

With all of this being said has anyone on here built their GSX S1000 for stunt riding, if so what is your setup like. I am not stuck on anything in my list, only reason really going with Crazy Iron is because they are the only company I have found so far that make stunt parts for our bikes. The dual rear caliper bracket is going to be the tough one to find. I may try creating one with a 3D printer and then find a company to copy my design to aluminum.

This will be a slow thread but it will track my plan and execution with plenty of photos.
Great Job, well to be honest I don’t think you will find any Gsx S users here having done stunt bike mods, first it’s a rare choice by many stunters, **** it’s even rare by normal standards on road. The Gsx-s is not a popular bike, but am sure it’s a very capable bike that will meet your purpose.

I have seen very few on YouTube though in some stunt championships, maybe getting reference from there would be ideal.

anyways all the best on your build, and be sure to post photos on your progress.

·
Registered
2016 GSX S1000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard back from Crazy Iron, they will have a sub cage for the GSX S1000 coming out in July so I am thinking this will for sure be the route I take. I am also thinking about doing a full exhaust system on this bike before I do Dano's ECU tune, so far it will probably be the M4 system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look into Renthal street fighter bars instead of the pastrana bars, you will need to extend the cables with the pastrana bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts