GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the front of my GSXSF on each side of the headlight there are small side/parking lights; can these be re-wired to become the front blinkers to get rid of the dopey blinkers poking out of the fairing? On most sports bikes including my GSXR the front blinkers are in the back of the mirrors; why didn't they do that with the GSXSF?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well, the F mirrors are bar mounted vs. fairing mounted on the GSX-R, so wiring signals on the back of those mirrors would have been a lot more work for Suzuki to implement (wiring would have to somehow go inside the bars or secured to the outside of the bar).

You could change your European model corner "fang" lights to amber and re-wire to the turn signals easily. In the North American market we don't get any lights in the fangs so I added my own signals during my projector retrofit and blanked off the ugly turn signal locations in the fairings.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
On the front of my GSXSF on each side of the headlight there are small side/parking lights; can these be re-wired to become the front blinkers to get rid of the dopey blinkers poking out of the fairing? On most sports bikes including my GSXR the front blinkers are in the back of the mirrors; why didn't they do that with the GSXSF?
You could buy flush mount LED indicators in place of the OEM. I personally wouldn't change the lights you mentioned as they are daytime run lights, they're LED and help keep you noticed on the road in all conditions. I went super fancy and bought the best LED indicators on the market.
Watsen design custom indicators. They're the best, but not cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts