GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Yesterday out riding, and after 2 min. i made a stop.. my idle rpm was around 1500 at that time - a bit more than normal..
Riding a bit more, and then the idle rpm. went to 2000.. it stayed there at every stop i made, the bike was also a bit different to ride.. a lot of stuttering at low rpm.

Went home shut the engine off.. and now the engine wont start - this small video shows what happens when i try to start the engine.

Anyone seen anything like this and have an idea what it can be ? Spark plugs ? Fuel problem ?

My bike is a 2018 with 8000 km - haven't had the first service yet as it has been in a stand still at the dealer from start 2019 to start 2020.

·
Registered
369 Posts
First service has to be done at 1.000 kilometers, changing the oil and the oil filter it is a mandatory task to do.

·
Registered
369 Posts
First step is to see if there is an error code thrown on your dashboard.
In order to do this, you have to insert a paperclip in the connector under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I suspect the TP sensor is out of range or broken.
You need the Kawa lead in order to check the TPS voltage.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Sounds like fuel starvation ?

·
Registered
487 Posts
You might have picked up some bad fuel from the gas station.
This happened to one off the dudes I went riding with one time.
Got fuel sv 650 then the bike started going like crap.
Had to stop at another petrol station tip out old fuel and put fresh stuff in that fixed it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Funny you mentioned it.. just did a refuel before this happened, around 8 liter of octane 100
I was thinking the same. If the fuel filter was clogged it could put the idle up like that (actually so could a rich mixture)
but if you had just refilled the tank before the problem started getting worse and you have no fault codes. That is where I'd start looking first

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
i like reading all the thoughts of what the problem could be.....all forgetting to start with simple most commom cures ,like jeff did ....some things will never change

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The bike ended up at the dealer friday.

They have been running some test and the mechanic are focused on the ECU..
They have put in new spark plugs and that didn't help.. i mentioned the TPS could be faulty but they still talk about ECU..
Before i went home,The mechanic came and told me that he could see that at idle the TP was 85,5% and with 1/2 gas applied it was 115% - but he still keeps talking about the ECU..
It sounds a lot like either a faulty sensor or sensor Assy ( 1358014J00 + 1358029G00 )
I am not sure, but maybe i should find another mechanic..

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Very unlikely, but is it burning oil?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts