GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this is allowed but thought might be helpful to have separate threads for riders of certain weight range.

I will be testing out different settings and posting them on here with the results.

Settings on S1000F:
Front
Comp - 9
Rebound - 7
Preload - 2

Rear
Pre-load - 1
Rebound - 3/4

Results:

So today I tested out a few combination of settings to get a compliant ride but still be able to be sporty around the corners. I think my settings above are getting close. I'm not being thrown off the bike on bumps, riding on highway is comfortable for the most part. In the twisties it seems to handle well except when it gets bumpy, I am getting bumped off a tad and suspension gets unsettled a bit, so that's what I'm going to try to sort out next.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi

Can you please clarify- is first number stock and the second your setting or what?
Are you riding a naked or an. "F".

Good idea to have this thread and will add mine when clear as I am similar weight etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, it's a F. First number is the standard setting. I think my front might be too soft but I'll be playing with it Saturday.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Suspension for 143lbs/65kg Rider

Hi Goldfishlung-
My setting very similar - I have bit less front preload and front compression- but will try yours sometime soon.

Settings on S1000F:
Front
Comp - (8 stock) mine 5 out
Rebound - ( 8 stock) mine 9 out
Preload - (2.5 stock) mine 5 rings showing (softest setting)

Rear
Pre-load - (3 stock) mine 1 (softest setting)
Rebound - (1 stock) mine 3/4 out

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Suspension for 143lbs/65kg Rider

Hi Goldfishlung-
My setting very similar - I have bit less front preload and front compression- but will try yours sometime soon.

Settings on S1000F:
Front
Comp - (8 stock) mine 5 out
Rebound - ( 8 stock) mine 9 out
Preload - (2.5 stock) mine 5 rings showing (softest setting)

Rear
Pre-load - (3 stock) mine 1 (softest setting)
Rebound - (1 stock) mine 3/4 out
Hey I would hold off on trying my settings. Upon more research, I think I'm pretty much riding on the springs because I've softened everything out.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey I would hold off on trying my settings. Upon more research, I think I'm pretty much riding on the springs because I've softened everything out.
I'm 140 lbs before I put gear on. I recommend going to the softest preload front and rear and then playing with the damping until you're happy. I had to turn up the rebound damping a lot on both front and rear before I was happy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You are on preload 1(shock colar all the way to the right) for the rear shock ? What is your comp and rebound for the front?
I'm 140 lbs before I put gear on. I recommend going to the softest preload front and rear and then playing with the damping until you're happy. I had to turn up the rebound damping a lot on both front and rear before I was happy.

·
Registered
371 Posts
You are on preload 1(shock colar all the way to the right) for the rear shock ? What is your comp and rebound for the front?
1 meaning least preload. I don't remember which way it turns off the top of my head.

From memory, my compression is a bit less than halfway and rebound is pretty high, like 4 ticks from max. The front still feels a bit jittery to me on rough roads, so I might turn up the rebound damping a bit more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 meaning least preload. I don't remember which way it turns off the top of my head.

From memory, my compression is a bit less than halfway and rebound is pretty high, like 4 ticks from max. The front still feels a bit jittery to me on rough roads, so I might turn up the rebound damping a bit more.

How's the ride in the twisties? I find that a lot of rebound dampening really unsettles the bike in bumpy corners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts