GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
very pleased with my new 'zuki. joined the forum a little before purchasing the bike.

made a few what i thought were necessary cosmetic changes. but after spending thousands on my former naked bike (2012 honda cb1000r), i think i'll ride this one for a while before tinkering with any substantial performance modifications.

where i live (southern california), it's commonplace to over spend on suspension, fuelling, exhaust, etc when most if not all riders will never even come close to the bike's capabilities in it's stock set up. the engineers know better than me, and while the bike is more of a budget motorcycle than an "exotic" one, most of us will never really be able to ride the bike exponentially better with the upgraded bits.

does not mean at some point i won't put in a bazaaz, ohlins rear, master cylinder, and steel brake lines, but i'd like to think i won't make that mistake again and compromise the structural integrity and balance of what the engineers had planned for this more than capable bike. we'll see ;)

it seems the most popular complaints are around the snatchy throttle, the brakes, and an unforgiving suspension on rough roads. i will concede the on/off throttle is abrupt, but i have broken in the brake pads and the brembos are more than capable. i will have the bike measured for sag and tinker with the settings for preload/compression/rebound when i bring the bike in to be set up by a pro then i'll be better able to determine if the suspension can be adjusted to handle various road conditions and the track, where i plan to ride the bike alot this year.

a few photos below; yoshi tail tidy, rizoma indicators, and an OEM screen. few decals from my favorite gear and service shop here in socal (Beach Moto | Motorcycle Safety Gear in Los Angeles California). and since no one will be riding as a passenger on this bike, the pegs are history!

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,597 Posts
Just a tip, like you I do not carry a passenger so I removed the strap from the pillion seat, it improves the look of the bike and costs nothing.

Reactions: ackack

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's not only where you live that people over modify their bikes, it's everywhere! :)

Welcome to the forum. Nice color choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts