GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been discussions about the GSX1000 line not being on the USA website for the 2020 model year. What do you think the chances are that it will be replaced with an updated/upgraded version in the future? I have read the naked segment is growing market share, so it would seem stupid to just roll with the Katana. Maybe a new GSX with an IMU and newer engine with variable valve timing out of the current GSXR? Probably neutered a bit but still intriguing :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
.......the GSX S1000 line is still in the USA for 2020,... it is the Katana. It is simple a name game, and different body parts to try to spruce sales. The bottom line, as you said, is the realities of the market.

....the problem in the US is traditionally all naked bikes sell very poorly.....this is a cruiser nation(the only one)...and at the end is the dealers, and Suzuki USA, who tells Suzuki Japan don't send more of that model, as there are still many unsold bikes in the dealers languishing for years...the inventories would have to clear, the naked market show some improvement, and depending on how the Katana does, maybe Suzuki would make another move.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think an IMU is probably the next logical step; maybe on the 2021 bikes? I doubt they will use variable valve timing though, it's still their flagship GSX-R technology, I think they will keep the same motor for the "2nd gen" GSX-S and continue to leverage the K5 heritage.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think an IMU is probably the next logical step; maybe on the 2021 bikes? I doubt they will use variable valve timing though, it's still their flagship GSX-R technology, I think they will keep the same motor for the "2nd gen" GSX-S and continue to leverage the K5 heritage.
I agree. BTW, nice avatar KPAX. I recognize that, i had an 86 GSXR-750.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts