GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any easy fix for the jerky throttle that the Bike have.
If i look into other topics it looks like its only a fix for bikes before 2018.

My problem is that when i drive in a town at 50km/t its keeps going from 47-52 all the time so its not at smooth cruise.

·
Registered
547 Posts

My problem is that when i drive in a town at 50km/t its keeps going from 47-52 all the time so its not at smooth cruise.
Fuelling adjustment (woolich flash preferable, power commander works too), 02 sensor delete.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

Hi OP, How much is due to having the problem is to the Yoshi exhaust fitted ? Is the Yoshi E4 compliant for road use for a GSX-S1000 ?
So was it like that on the stock Suzuki can from day 1 OR has there been more done to the bike like servo removal, O2 delete and exhaust header's ?

I have a 19 too and it runs dead steady, as stock.

Rob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its born with the Yoshi exhaust from Suzuki. The dealer said to me they can fix the problem, but it will cost 360$

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
That edition was available in UK I think around 2016/17. It was dropped after a year or so. Don't know about availability elsewhere. Just going from my memory which ain't that good.
I am wondering if the bike has the new ECU which Suzuki brought around that time out to cure exactly Kdaugaard's issue ?
There is info somewhere on the forum about the ECU numbers.

·
Registered
547 Posts
We didn't get that option here in Australia but all I see is graphics, number plate holder and the r11 slip on all of which can be bought seperately. None of which will cause issues with a stock bike.
To the OP, you never said what the dealer would do.
If it's that bad they should be addressing the issue under warranty. If it's just the infamous snatchy throttle then read my first post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the problem is that the dealer says, its gonna take 2-3 hours to fix. Its something about a EU Norm that makes the bike throttle , so the bike wont produce so much pollution

·
Registered
8 Posts
Definitely looks like an ECU re-map' Danos Performance did mine for $180, very fast turn around by mail, and good result.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If your bike has a 5kph variation without any input on your part I suspect an issue you should bring up with the dealer.
Mine is the same and I have done everything except a remap, the power commander helps a little bit depending on the map but not enough to actually call it fixed imo. No matter what you do it cuts the fuel unless you get it mapped.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve also done lots to alleviate the snatchy throttle, tps adj,pwr commando 5,( expensive and does very little) full black widow exhaust and dyno, Katana throttle tube( is no different to any other) successfully installed R1 rear shock ( does away the pogo effect of the factory piece of crap). I ride the clutch in traffic and lumpy corners, I’ve had one accident caused by throttle snatch, hit a bump mid corner, came down on the throttle which shot me into a drainage ditch, and it still catches me out now and again when I’m not expecting it! So yes the only way, and cheapest is a complete remap.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts