GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
I’ve also done lots to alleviate the snatchy throttle, tps adj,pwr commando 5,( expensive and does very little) full black widow exhaust and dyno, Katana throttle tube( is no different to any other) successfully installed R1 rear shock ( does away the pogo effect of the factory piece of crap). I ride the clutch in traffic and lumpy corners, I’ve had one accident caused by throttle snatch, hit a bump mid corner, came down on the throttle which shot me into a drainage ditch, and it still catches me out now and again when I’m not expecting it! So yes the only way, and cheapest is a complete remap.
That's a shame it caused an accident. Hope you didn't get injured?
Yes riding the clutch is one way of helping but as I go from bike to bike I forget sometimes as my other bike is silky smooth (as was every other bike I've owned), also it doesn't do it with the same ferocity every time, sometimes it hardly does it other times the bike lunges forward out the blue. Before I get mine remapped/flashed whatever you call it, I'm going to sync the throttle body's just so I've covered everything, I'd hate to get it done then realise they were out of sync when dyno'd.
As for the suspension, yes it's not great and is not helping but that's not causing the bike to snatch, most stock bikes have poor suspension out the box.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would suggest trying the WOT reset. Jumper the plug to put the bike in service mode, turn on the ignition but don't start the bike. Twist the throttle to wide open and while holding it at wide open turn off the ignition. Let the throttle go back to closed and then repeat 2 more times. Of all the stuff I tried this simple and free trick had the most positive effect. I have a 2016, so there may be an impact from drive by wire on your bike, but it is worth a try I think.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I would suggest trying the WOT reset. Jumper the plug to put the bike in service mode, turn on the ignition but don't start the bike. Twist the throttle to wide open and while holding it at wide open turn off the ignition. Let the throttle go back to closed and then repeat 2 more times. Of all the stuff I tried this simple and free trick had the most positive effect. I have a 2016, so there may be an impact from drive by wire on your bike, but it is worth a try I think.
There is no ride by wire on any gsx-s model.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thought they changed it with the 2017 updates to ride by wire. But regardless the WOT reset may work for the OP.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's a shame it caused an accident. Hope you didn't get injured?
Yes riding the clutch is one way of helping but as I go from bike to bike I forget sometimes as my other bike is silky smooth (as was every other bike I've owned), also it doesn't do it with the same ferocity every time, sometimes it hardly does it other times the bike lunges forward out the blue. Before I get mine remapped/flashed whatever you call it, I'm going to sync the throttle body's just so I've covered everything, I'd hate to get it done then realise they were out of sync when dyno'd.
As for the suspension, yes it's not great and is not helping but that's not causing the bike to snatch, most stock bikes have poor suspension out the box.

I didn’t say the suspension causes it, I said a smoother suspension helps to alleviate it!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I didn’t say the suspension causes it, I said a smoother suspension helps to alleviate it!
It doesn't matter what suspension is on the bike, the bike lunging forward is not related to suspension. I'm sure a set of ohlins would help but not related, just masking a problem. A similar thing would be to add a steering damper when your suspension is the issue.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts