GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have googled with no luck so I'm asking one of you lot if anyone has or knows where I can get the complete parts list complete with part numbers main reason is to see how many parts are shared with the GSX-R for example.
I need a set of wheel bearings and I want to see if they are the same for other bikes.

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wouldn't you take the bearings out prior to painting them?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wouldn't you take the bearings out prior to painting them?
Of course you would but the process of removing them would seriously shorten there life. Its a chunk of work to freeze the bearings and press them in you would not want to reuse the old ones ever :(

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to the guys that have posted various microfiches/parts list.
I ordered my bearings from an online bearing supplier using the measurements of the old ones.
I can say that the front wheel bearing seals are the same part that the GSR-600 uses, and that buying the exact same bearing/seal online is massively cheaper than buying from dealer but most of us knew that anyway.

·
Registered
299 Posts
There are numbers stamped on every bearing. Just give a bearing supply store the number and they will match it up. Or you can Google that number. The number is stamped usually on the plastic seal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts