Registered
418 Posts
LOL there are already about a dozen threads here
No one has got one yet as they haven’t been delivered yet
I ordered one September 22 in Canada 🙂

·
Registered
122 Posts
Am I the only one who isn't all excited about this new model? If my 2016 died tomorrow I'm not sure a new one would be in my top 5 choices.

·
Registered
339 Posts
That said I loved my gsxs. But being a highway all day rider and being the naked, this hits the spots for me and doesn’t look that bad. It isn’t a gsxr in looks but it may look better in person.
I may actually go across country a little now. Got some friends 8-12 hours in every direction. I’m excited to toss bags on and go on a trip.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Am I the only one who isn't all excited about this new model? If my 2016 died tomorrow I'm not sure a new one would be in my top 5 choices.
I spent 5K to make my 2016 gsxsf comparable to the K6 gsxr I own; it still not as good, but more comfortable. I pissed off the pogo stick rear shock and replaced it with a wilbers 641, got the turkey baster and cat converter off and now have a four into one black widow exiting through the stock exhaust so it looks legal, healtech exup eliminator, k and n air filter and pissed off lthe black plaster limiter under the airbox. I like the gt but not unless they let me swap all my modifications onto it

·
Registered
418 Posts
I spent 5K to make my 2016 gsxsf comparable to the K6 gsxr I own; it still not as good, but more comfortable. I pissed off the pogo stick rear shock and replaced it with a wilbers 641, got the turkey baster and cat converter off and now have a four into one black widow exiting through the stock exhaust so it looks legal, healtech exup eliminator, k and n air filter and pissed off lthe black plaster limiter under the airbox. I like the gt but not unless they let me swap all my modifications onto it
Lol...why would they stop you?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Lol...why would they stop you?
honestly, that's not a bad idea for someone who doesnt have the parts.

buy new bike, SWAPP ALL THE PARTS. im talking shock etc if you had money invested in them, because all mechanical parts are the same. then sell the old bike (its actually upgraded I guess with new gt parts) but yeah. sell it for the regular price.

imo I pulled off half of my dedicated gsxs parts, nothing special, but I did yank some. like sliders, grips, etc. I should of pulled the speedoDRD healer thing that fixes the mpg, I just forgot about it. but it may of not worked on the new bike anyway

·
Registered
418 Posts
honestly, that's not a bad idea for someone who doesnt have the parts.

buy new bike, SWAPP ALL THE PARTS. im talking shock etc if you had money invested in them, because all mechanical parts are the same. then sell the old bike (its actually upgraded I guess with new gt parts) but yeah. sell it for the regular price.

imo I pulled off half of my dedicated gsxs parts, nothing special, but I did yank some. like sliders, grips, etc. I should of pulled the speedoDRD healer thing that fixes the mpg, I just forgot about it. but it may of not worked on the new bike anyway
When I sold my F I let everything go with it....everything I put on it was now available on the new model except for the full Hindle exhaust I put on and power commander V.....I'll wait till I break in the new bike to decide if I want the exhaust...

·
Registered
339 Posts
the exhaust is slightly diff, I guess the servo flapper is now relocated before muffler instead of before cat. and now theres an additional cat in the resonator.

if we tossed it on a older model, it may work fine or need a tune. idk.

but, since I did have 3 years of riding etc with old one and I did my fair share of modding, the second I get mine and get hands on, I will post my experiences on whether or not its worth an upgrade imo or hold off.

·
Registered
339 Posts
First GT video ive seen. you can see the trim pieces, looks stunning imo without bags. watching it now I cant comment on video itself.

turn subtitles on, then auto translate to your language. English here for me

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am hoping someone comes out with integrated tail lights, id like to remove that whale tail entirely like I did on last bike. I just tossed up the license plate up under the rear tail. worked out beautifully and no one, in 7 years of riding here in ohio has ever felt like stopping me over it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts