GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Yikes. Thought there was someone on this forum that got them thrown in for free but I may have misread, but $610 total seems excessive to me. Maybe Apollo grips it is then, $145, 5 heat levels vs. 3 with Suzuki's, and I can install myself within an hour...

It's pretty easy to install heated grips overall, so wonder if they'll sell them alone without the install. Hopefully they'll have them available directly from Suzuki or through a dealership. Would be great if anyone who has the Suzuki branded ones on an older bike could give a review to get an idea of how the heat levels are.

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yikes. Thought there was someone on this forum that got them thrown in for free but I may have misread, but $610 total seems excessive to me. Maybe Apollo grips it is then, $145, 5 heat levels vs. 3 with Suzuki's, and I can install myself within an hour...

It's pretty easy to install heated grips overall, so wonder if they'll sell them alone without the install. Hopefully they'll have them available directly from Suzuki or through a dealership. Would be great if anyone who has the Suzuki branded ones on an older bike could give a review to get an idea of how the heat levels are.
Turns out it's actually $633+ with tax.

· Registered
1,061 Posts
I plan to install mine at my house. Don’t trust a dealer to do much of anything now days. I’ve done many sets of heated grips it’s not complicated especially factory stuff. I’ll get 10% off the MSRP on the grips across the counter once they become available to purchase. Already cut that deal.

· Registered
1,704 Posts
Free install at my dealership for heated grips if I buy them, but I ultimately said no because, I worry they ugly.

but yeah, my dealer said any accessory you buy from us with your bike will be installed free, including the heated grips.

· Registered
1,704 Posts

reviews say they are awesome w heat,
'but complain about the wiring looks off the grips, I passed due to aesthetics

· Registered
278 Posts
Go aftermarket and install them yourself and save heaps. I think I will be going with the Apollo that are called Whites here in Oz, they are about $60.00 AUD more expensive than the Oxford Grips but look standard. Plus both are about 2/3rds cheaper than the OME grips.

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! That's approaching BMW (bring more wallet) pricing levels. 😂
Funny you should say that. I'm a long-time BMW rider and am also looking at the 1250RS, which comes with: heated grips, center stand, tire pressure monitors, cruise control, automatic electronic suspension, panniers (extra $), TFT, etc. More money, but by the time you add Suzuki heated grips and maybe different tires (the BMW comes with 180/55 rear, unlike the 50 rear on Suzuki), the GT adds up to not that far below the RS. Problem is, getting an RS is hard right now if I want to buy local from my BMW guy...the production/supply thing is really causing availability issues.

· Registered
278 Posts
Funny you should say that. I'm a long-time BMW rider and am also looking at the 1250RS, which comes with: heated grips, center stand, tire pressure monitors, cruise control, automatic electronic suspension, panniers (extra $), TFT, etc. More money, but by the time you add Suzuki heated grips and maybe different tires (the BMW comes with 180/55 rear, unlike the 50 rear on Suzuki), the GT adds up to not that far below the RS. Problem is, getting an RS is hard right now if I want to buy local from my BMW guy...the production/supply thing is really causing availability issues.
I agree with owning a lot of BMW bikes from R100RT, R1200RT and R1250RT bikes with the addition of 2 BMW K1600GTL that also had much better tyre choices. I had an accident where I was going around a corner on my last K1600GTL it was low speed and the rear slipped on gravel and I ended up wedged between a 5th wheeler and the SUV towing it. Total damage to the bike was mostly cosmetic eg: plastic etc but the cost to repair it was around $16,000.00 AUD after 7 months of waiting for parts I gave up and sold it back to the dealership I work for. The issue is similar around the world with Covid causing so many issues with production lever and supply let along getting and shipping without the prices doubling to cover the extra workloads and ships hanging around off store for weeks on end to be unloaded. Plus Covid laws in different countries also hampered that situation. I know Australia had some very tuff laws and a lot of ships would not entertain coming here because of that. Thank god that things are slowly getting back to some normality. Maybe the same case with the GSX-S 100GT we are all looking to get in our hot little hands with no parts or computer chips along with slow manufacturing to keep up with demands.

· Registered
1,061 Posts
That looks good. Especially on the left grip...why Suzuki has their on the right so that the connecting wire moves with the throttle is kind of strange.
Most all heated grips have the wire that moves on right side throttle grip. Yamaha hides theirs in a covered piece off the throttle tube which has the wire wadded up in it and requires a lithium grease to prevent chaffing. Their grips work good but the throttle action never feels free on that side. My Concours 14 factory heated grips were the same as the Suzuki grips with wire twisting with the throttle. FJR Yamaha same way. Oxford heated grips the same way with wire twisting with the grip. Any of them installed properly with external wire have no interference issues and work fine. Just an asthetic thing I guess.

· Registered
1,061 Posts
I've had 8 BMW's...all with heated grips. None did that.
BMW and Triumph both have the wire hidden and the wiring is internal on a Triumph through the bar. Most if not all the japanese brands have the wire dangling. Price point thing I am sure. It is really no big deal though with wire shown they work fine.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts