GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered some suzuki heated grips for my gsx s 1000 f cost a bit more than oxfords any one got them on there bike and how good are they from the cheaper oxford ones ????????

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have read several posts from people that don't like the Suzuki ones and actually made the dealer remove them.

A set came on my bike when I bought it a few weeks ago and the couple of times I used them, had no problems.

They plug directly into a connector behind the headlight, so a nice and clean install without having to splice wires.

·
Registered
593 Posts
As far as I have ever researched, the Suzuki grips only heat 180 degrees so half the grip stays cold. Compared to Oxford premium grips, you will almost certainly be disappointed, they heat 360 degrees of the grip and are super toasty.

I had Oxford premium grips on my last bike, but wanted the controller to be a bit more stealthy on this one, so I went for Honda heated grips that have the same controller as the Suzuki but heat the entire grip. They aren't quite as hot as the Oxford's but pretty good nevertheless.

Heated gloves are a better alternative if you want your complete hand cosseted it heat, but I don't ride in sub-zero temps and like the convenience of pushing a button for instant(ish) heat as and when I want it whatever I'm wearing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts