GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exports are dropping, 24% just last month...

Exports for the Big Four were down 0.5 percent in October. Suzuki’s exports decreased 24.0 percent to 5,841 units, while Kawasaki’s exports were down 23.8 percent to 6,354. However, Yamaha reported a 16.0 percent increase to 18,866 units exported, and Honda’s exports were up 15.5 percent to 7,666. Total exports to the U.S. were up 13.2 percent to 16,368 bikes, while all of North America saw an 8.6 percent increase to 18,228 units.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Apparently they are discontinuing the GW250 in India which makes me think that they are going to be coming out with a new bike in order to fill that space.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On this topic I read an article that you guys probably might be interested in. Suzuki has registered trademarks for the Katana and Gamma nameplates. Both have existed in the past, so these would be revivals. Definitely something that could bring in some new life to the line-up.

While the Katana name still has a strong presence on the street, with plenty of GSX-F bikes rolling on the roads of Europe, only the older chaps will remember the Gamma. Gamma was a suffix for the 2-stroke 500cc bike Marco Lucchinelli and Franco Uncini gloriously rode to world fame winning the riders titles in 1981 and 1982, respectively. The Gamma is the successor of the RG500 and was replaced by the RGV500.
Suzuki Planning a Revamp of the Katana Family? - autoevolution

·
Registered
24 Posts
This may sound silly, but ive always thought that Suzuki should make a supersport called the 'SAMURAI' .....after all samurai did kill ninjas :).

And a funny totally unrelated fact, the name Honda when broken down into Kanji symbols could read as 'original rice paddy' lmao....i bet those Honda nuts are pissed off they ride an 'original rice paddy city bike racer' lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This may sound silly, but ive always thought that Suzuki should make a supersport called the 'SAMURAI' .....after all samurai did kill ninjas :).

And a funny totally unrelated fact, the name Honda when broken down into Kanji symbols could read as 'original rice paddy' lmao....i bet those Honda nuts are pissed off they ride an 'original rice paddy city bike racer' lol
new meaning to the term 'ricer' OR maybe thats exactly where it came from LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts